• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to run a SQL statement?

Lassesen

Hello,

please help! I am going to install a module that will give me a chice if the product is going to have a "buy now" or just be there as a product information (like the non_online_puchase module). My problem is how to run the SQL statement on the server. I mange the editing and so on, but I really dont know what they mean about SQL statement on the server and how to do that.

This is form the non_online_purchase:

1/ change the manufacturers table to add an additional column by running the following sql:

alter table manufacturers add disable_addtobasket enum('Y','N') DEFAULT 'N' after manufacturers_image;

If there is another module without this SQL statement, please let me know.

Thanks for all answers and after many days with struggeling, i hope you can help me whit this :)

BR

Jan Ove from Norway

From your hosting control panel find the link to your database then the link to phpmyadmin. Once there choose your database and click on the sql tab near the top center of the page, copy and paste the command in the field and click go.

Always backup your database in your osc Admin before making any changes.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Ok, well, it is right there I am on thin ice <_<

Hosting control panel? And phpmyadmin, this is a external program that i have to innstall?

Sorry for these dumb questions but thanks for your time :)

Ok, well, it is right there I am on thin ice  <_<

Hosting control panel? And phpmyadmin, this is a external program that i have to innstall?

Sorry for these dumb questions but thanks for your time :)

You should have a hosting control panel url that you received from your hosting company. That is where you add email addresss etc.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Well, I couldnt find any of these on the web page. But i did install EMS mySQL manager... Can i use a program like this? I have contact with the database but i cant find where to put the command...

Archived