• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy populate date problems

I have used easy populate to add my products by splitting file as I have 1500+ products. The problem is that I have now 1500+ products displaying on the new products page.

I have set the v-date_added: 2003-11-25 & v_date_avail: 2003-11-26

But as I split the file the format changes to 11/25/2003. I have read in the manual that easy populate does not like slashes.

The point is I dont want all the products to be seen as new only ones I manually enter in the future.

Has anyone else had this problem???

Cheers

Julian

This is what I do. After I made the initial load of products and I add more entries with Easy Populate I export it to the Excel format and delete column A like were supposed to but then I also remove all the rest of the items (row 2 to nn) down to the first new item. Save it, convet it and upload it.

Short version:

1) Insert the items in Easy Populate

2) Export to to the Excel file

3) Remove column A

4) Remove all old product rows leaving just the new ones

5) Save as Text Tab Delemited

6) Upload and Insert with Easy Populate in the Admin Panel

I have done this several times without any problems, you only really need to upload the new items.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

I dont understand why I need to remove column A as this has my product model code which is unique to my products not 1 to n.

I was looking to sort of the date, I have noticed since the dates are set to 0000-00-00:0.00 in the database, so I must have a problem. so giving today;s date, and thus showing all proucts in the new section of the catalogue

please help

julian

I hay have an older version that when saved to the excel file it has the Access ID number then column B has the products_model. Sorry for any confusion.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

Archived