• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order not appearing with Paypal

efficiondave

I've been very successfully using OSCommerce at www.macrosun.com for 8 months now but recently, I problem has come up with Paypal payments...

My client called and found he had a Paypal payment that didn't match any orders. I looked and confirmed that payment was recieved but the order was never placed...

I believe the problem is a confusing interface issue with Paypal where the customer gets to the end of the Paypal payment process, sees Paypals Payment Confirmed screen and thinks they are done and thus fails to click the overly small "Click to Continue" link. OSCommerce doesn't know that the order went through until Paypal returns to it so it doesn't show the order ever being placed.

I've been going through the underlying database tables to see what happened and try to find a solution... The items the customer ordered are still showing up in their Shopping Carts but there doesn't seem to be any indication that an order was placed, in process, or anything else...

Is anyone else having this problem? Has anyone found a solution? Is there anyway to complete the order for the customer after this has happened?

Thanks,

David

• 2 weeks later...
I assume I don't need to enter a Return URL ?

With the auto return you do need a url. With the ipn solution you do not as the script takes care of that.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

What would be a valid URL to enter to make it simple. I would rather try this first before installing the IPN module.

http:yoursite/checkout_success.php

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived