• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SQL file does not exist: /usr/local/install/oscomm

XinXang

how are you installing it? are you installing on your own local computer?

or on a web server? it appears to be in the wrong spot where you are installing.

your oscommerce directory should be in the public path

how are you installing it?  are you installing on your own local computer?

or on a web server?  it appears to be in the wrong spot where you are installing.

your oscommerce directory should be in the public path

it's on a hosted web server, and the installation is in www.mydomain.com/myshop/catalog/etc...

i don't necessarily want the shop to take over the entire domain, because i''ve got multiple domains being redirected running on the same domain. is this not possible with oscommerce?

it is possible however you need to have it in your document root path, which is not /usr/local. ask your host where you need to put things.

or place this as a file on your server naming it phpinfo.php

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

where you can access it by:

http://yourdomain.com/phpinfo.php

then do a search for 'document_root' and it will tell you the path, place your /catalog directory there and it will not take over the whole domain.

it is possible however you need to have it in your document root path, which is not /usr/local.  ask your host where you need to put things.

or place this as a file on your server naming it phpinfo.php

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

where you can access it by:

http://yourdomain.com/phpinfo.php

then do a search for 'document_root' and it will tell you the path, place your /catalog directory there and it will not take over the whole domain.

New Installation

Database Import

The following error has occurred:

SQL file does not exist: /usr/local/install/oscommerce.sql

No matter where I put the files to install, the above message is what I get back. I've tried it a few times now in different places and chmod'ing the permissions of that log file to allow free read/write/execution reign. Could this have anything to do with my "register globals" being on? I used a patch from this site written by Richard Bentley, and I followed his instructions exactly for getting around the register globals checks, but could that be at play here?

How frustrating.

for register globals off there is a contribution to help you with that problem.  search contributions for register globals

yes, that's what i'm trying to say - i'm using that contribution, the one developed by Richard Bentley, from this site to solve the "register globals" issue. That's how I even got to this screen of the install, otherwise the install begins with a fatal error. I'm wondering if it could be still causing problems at this stage -- even though i've followed the instructions for the fix...

Any idea what I can do to get this installed? I've tried placing the install files in every directory i could think of, but it doesn't work, and with my non-experience with this package, i'm out of ideas.

Archived