• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Administration Tool

Eagle75

Hi im wondering if some1 can help me with an error i get when i try to use my administration tool ...

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\classes\upload.php on line 31

im only new to this and havent got a clue where to start ...

i am using oScommerce with Xampp and runnin it Locally.

also i have changed username and password but it still says it can write to the config.php file.

any help would be grateful thank you

sry i found the fix in your forums  for the $this line but i am still having troubles with the access to the config.php file.

Are you trying to edit the file online? If so, you should not really do it that way. You should edit the file on your local computer an then ftp the file to your server.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Your includes/configure.php file if it is properly set (permissions wise) would be set to Read Only. You would have to FTP to your website, right click on the file, change the permission (644 will do), download the file, edit it in a plain text editor (NotePad - not WordPad), upload it again, and then reset the permission back to 400 (owner - read only).

Vger

sry i found the fix in your forums  for the $this line but i am still having troubles with the access to the config.php file.

its all done locally ....... and i can edit my config.php file

ive been Using Crimson Editor to change it but it still saying on my catalog page that it can access this file what do i need to do to change this?

i dont have a server at the mom so its all local

Archived