• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Noob, having problems with install

nr9976

I've installed MySQL 4.1 and am running Apache Server 2 point something with PHP 5 point something installed. The good news is that I can see my webpage when I use 127.0.0.1 as my address in my browser window. MySQL works, as I installed the osCommerce tables manually. I can see it when using mysqlshow. I think I installed PHP correctly as I can see the index.php page in all my broswers (Netscape, IE, Opera, Mozilla, and Firefox). The problem I am having is that, that's about all I can see using osCommerce. I see ./catalog/install/index.php page. I click to goto the ./catalog/install/install.php page and after that, when I choose the continue button I'm immediately returned to the install.php page. It doesn't matter what boxes are checked, I'm always returned to the install.php page.

I'm totally confused. Am I suppose to make a PATH variable that I didn't? Can PHP 5, Apache 2, MySQL 4.1, and OsCommerce 2.2 work together? Is there additional documentation somewhere, hidden so deeply, I can't find? If I'm all set, what's the next page that I'm suppose to look at? Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED, so much so I had to use caps. Thank you

Nolan

Do a search for php5 as there is a fix you need to use if you are running osC and php 5 together.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

You started to get me thinking. I did look online to see if there was a patch. I determined that I had downloaded PHP 5.0.2. Unfortunately I didn't see any patches for 5.0.2. But I started looking here and there and ended up in the php.ini file and made some changes based on what I saw in the install.php file.

register_globals = On

I had to do this, otherwise an error occured, and I couldn't even view the index.php page.

register_long_arrays = On

register_argc_argv = On

It appeared that these (well I'm sure the 1st) features were used in the install.php file. So I initalized these to be true. Now I've progressed to the next page. Thanks for getting my brain going.

Nolan

Archived