• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Live Data View in Dream Weaver

Hey guys and gals,

Here is an interesting question for all of you. I have been using DW for a while now but have just started to use it with PHP files. I noticed that I was able to use the live data view option only for the index.php file and some other ones under the main directory. However, I get absolutely nothing when I go into the includes directories. What the deal with that? Is there a way to get around the errors and be able to edit the pages while staying in live dataview?

Or is there another software program thats better to edit php files with without being invloved with so much code.

Thanks in advance,

Straifer :rolleyes:

Probably not, I do not use DW but think of your site this way and you will see the problem.

When looking at your index page all that info is coming from many different places and then combined to bring it all together and display in a usuable form for you and your visitors.

Most of the info comes from the files in your includes directory so think of them as info files. That is pretty much all they are and there is no code in them to make them display so you can see them as that code is in your index files.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived