• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Category box Background Change

Madman00

Take a backup (under another name) of your original stylesheet.css file (for safety), then play around with stylesheet.css to see what effects you can get with different backgrounds for different features. It's a good way to learn what does what, and if you mess it up you just restore from the backup.

Vger

Sorry, didn't realise you were trying to change the background of just one info box. They are all called as a class from the stylesheet.

How can i change the background of the category box only and not the rest of the infoboxes. I looked thru the forums but can't seem to find the rigth topic. Can anyone direct me to the right direction.

This article from the knowledge base explains the style sheet definitions.

Can you please be a little more clear. I'm trying to change the background of the category box only and nothign else.

Thank you.

Take a backup (under another name) of your original stylesheet.css file (for safety), then play around with stylesheet.css to see what effects you can get with different backgrounds for different features.  It's a good way to learn what does what, and if you mess it up you just restore from the backup.

Vger

Sorry, didn't realise you were trying to change the background of just one info box. They are all called as a class from the stylesheet.

Can you please be a little more clear. I'm trying to change the background of the category box only and nothign else.

Thank you.

In the stylesheet.css file, the boxes are set up as .infobox and the like. Editing this class will give a change to ALL boxes, granted, but from this you will then be able to create your own style for a particular infobox and call it something like .myinfoboxclass.

By finding the reference to the class .infobox or what ever in the right file for the categories, you can replace it with your newly created class.

HTH

Dont' we have to make changes to categories.php. How are the changes done.

In the stylesheet.css file, the boxes are set up as .infobox and the like.  Editing this class will give a change to ALL boxes, granted, but from this you will then be able to create your own style for a particular infobox and call it something like .myinfoboxclass.

By finding the reference to the class .infobox or what ever in the right file for the categories, you can replace it with your newly created class.

HTH

John has mentioned do a search for a class in categories.php file called .infobox and modify this to .mynewinfobox this will call the new class you have made from css file and categories should have a new background.

So create class in stylesheet called .mynewinfobox filled with the background fonts and so on then edit categories php to use the new class k.

Regards

The Following controls the background color of all the infoboxes:

}

.infoBoxContents {

background: #ffffff;

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 10px;

}

I just want to change the bacjground color of the category box.

so I added the following to stylesheet.css

}

.infoBox1 {

background: #ffffff;

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 10px;

}

My categories.php have the following that

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left',

'text' => $categories_string

);

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

?>

Where in categories do we make modifications to make it take effect. Did i do everythign right in stylesheet.css.

Any Help is appriciated.

John has mentioned do a search for a class in categories.php file called .infobox and modify this to .mynewinfobox this will call the new class you have made from css file and categories should have a new background.

So create class in stylesheet called .mynewinfobox filled with the background fonts and so on then edit categories php to use the new class k.

Regards

Archived