• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding Numeric Order to the Attributes

techpronow

Is there any way to add a numeric order to the Attributes of a product?

Right now, the order is completely random, and I have not found a solution as to how to order things correctly.

Such as 1,2,3,4.

There is a decimal after some of the numbers, like: 3.5

This is for ring sizes of a jewelrey website.

Has anyone else came across this problem before?

Thanks!

I'll check the "Contribution" section.  Im guessing thats what you mean.

Thanks!

I searched in the "Contributions" section for the following "product attributes".

I got three pages of contributions. But I didn't find a way to have the product attributes ordered in a numeric order.

There are many great contributions for the order in which these attributes are listed.

Does anyone know a any type of contribution or tweak that orders the attributes in correct numeric fashion, instead of randomly?

did you search for what it is you want to do, attributes sort?  i found that . . .

Thanks Mibble. But those modules seems to be fixes for attribute pricing.

It doesn't look as if there is a mod made that will correct the ordering of the items in a cronological/numeric way.

'

But, if there are any skill programmers in the forum. Let me know what it would cost to make such a thing.

Mibble is not steering you wrong here. ;)

Products Attributes Sort v1.0

This contribution fills the void of an easy to install, simple to use modification to arbitrarily sort product attributes within their select box. This works by assigning a "attrib sort" value to a an attribute when it is assinged to a product, with 0 being shown first. Written for MS2.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1690

It does what you seem to be requesting--lets you set a numeric order for attributes.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

thanks Douglas.  I dont like doing someone else's job for them and even wanting them to do just a tiny search seems to be over some of their heads

I appreciate you clearifying things for me. A "simple search" brought me to a list of about 100 mods.. None of them said anything about a numeric value.

Many of them spoke about sorting, but they seem to be attributing a price fix or mod, not a direct fix for numeric/ordering.....

BUT.. For free help, this rocks! Thanks a lot both of you.

Ryan, so you understand what I try to instill in people, is to help themself. If you had just searched on atttributes sort as I had placed in one of the posts, you would have come across only 9 contributions, and then reading each of the titles you would have seen that there was one named products attributes sort which is what you were looking to do.

i try to make it so i am not telling you keystroke by keystroke what you need to do, i give guidance and hope that by following what I have given you, you can learn a lot more than me just telling you exactly what to do.

Ryan, so you understand what I try to instill in people, is to help themself.  If you had just searched on atttributes sort as I had placed in one of the posts, you would have come across only 9 contributions, and then reading each of the titles you would have seen that there was one named products attributes sort which is what you were looking to do.

i try to make it so i am not telling you keystroke by keystroke what you need to do, i give guidance and hope that by following what I have given you, you can learn a lot more than me just telling you exactly what to do.

Any free help is much appreciated.

Here was the problem. I had looked through all of the contributions before coming here.

After looking for the search terms "attributes" and "sorting", ect.. For hours. My patience was tested to it's max. Not to mention searhing through the code myself.

When you replied, you sounded not only sarcastic, but also unsure of yourself.

If you would have displayed a little more confidence in your statemnent, the search term that you provided wouldn't have invited sketpisism.

Sorry for doubting you. But as I said, I had already looked under similar search terms before.

I truly don't like to come to get help. I would rather figure it out on my own.

But since it is available, it is free, and you are a big help. I just want to say "thank you"..

~Ryan

Archived