• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feedback Appreciated

kmcmurtry

Hello,

My store is still in a testing process, however I would like some feedback before going live. I have not added my complete product line yet, but I'm working on it. Please take a look and let me know what you think and if you find any problems with the function of the site.

http://www.kmcmurtrydesign.com/kmdshop/

I appreciate any feedback and thank you.

Kim McMurtry

Needs alot of work. Very much like default oscommerce. The first major thing that I saw was the Design Search and Shopping Cart have a different box design from the rest of the site. I would fix the button in the search box. Make it match the background. Get rid of the pointless counter on the bottom of the page. I find your banner very plain and you need to fix your icons they don't look to good. Also look into changing the end gifs of the Newest Additions to the Store infobox. Get rid of "This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 24 November, 2004." etc. Center your store and put it in a fixed width table. Change the color of your store so that it is consistant. Your buttons are different colors then your infoboxes etc. Remember do not take these suggestions the wrong way, they are ment to help you. With alot of work your site will look much better.

Andrew Yuen

osCommerce, Community Team

Thank you for the reply Andrew. I did make several changes following some of your suggestions. Right now I'm going to leave the generic look, because I was more concerned with the function of the store and the ability to provide auto downloads with purchase.

I also hesitate to use a fixed width on the entire store because I'm using tables that are fixed width in my product description for the embroidery sets.

Thanks again for the comments!

Kim :D

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. I realize that my terms may sound a little tough, but unfortunately with the embroidery design business they are very necessary and have not scared off the average honest consumer at this point. If you think mine are bad, pick up a commercial package of designs or worse yet a package that contains licensed designs.

Thanks for the spelling check also. I looked this up and it says the two words can be interchanged, but most would recommend ensure in the sentence I used. So I have changed it.

Thanks again.

Archived