• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

help with setting up paypal IPN 2.8/2.9

trekker9876

<_<

I am trying to set up this contrib but I cannot get past the 2 following steps:

Backup the database

Use phpMyAdmin and run the file paypal.sql.

Please help!! I am computer literate but as I follow the guide to install this thing, I am not seeing a backup command, and since I havent uploaded the files yet as per the guide and there is no "run" command..

PLease help!!!

Jeff

What are you using to edit your sql database? I use phpmyadmin to modify my database & the "SQL" button at the top is where I run the commands. If you have not uploaded anything on the database, then there is nothing to back up.

HTH

What are you using to edit your sql database? I use phpmyadmin to modify my database & the "SQL" button at the top is where I run the commands. If you have not uploaded anything on the database, then there is nothing to back up.

HTH

I have phpmyadmin 2.5.6

on the left, I have to select the databases but my oscommerce database is not there. It shows my guestbook, phpbb, and a total of 5 databases, but none of them are my osc db.

when I go to the sql button, it gives me the option of uploading a textfile. Is this how I "run" the paypal.sql file??

My database (in osc) has over 80 items, 20 customers, and 9 orders. I downloaded all the osc files but I dont know if the database is in the osc directory.

I have phpmyadmin 2.5.6

on the left, I have to select the databases but my oscommerce database is not there.  It shows my guestbook, phpbb, and a total of 5 databases, but none of them are my osc db. 

when I go to the sql button, it gives me the option of uploading a textfile.  Is this how I "run" the paypal.sql file??

My database (in osc) has over 80 items, 20 customers, and 9 orders.  I downloaded all the osc files but I dont know if the database is in the osc directory.

Yes that is how you run an sql file. You do need to find the correct database first though.

Your database is not in with the rest of your osC files though if you have done a backup you will find a copy of it in your admin/backups folder.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??