• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning: Unexpected character in input

AshleyK

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in /home/content/g/o/l/goldnhobbies/html/shop/includes/classes/order.php on line 74

It's giving me headaches on a newly installed site. Any time someone clicks on the checkout button, or navigates to checkout_shipping.php, it just spits out that error recursively until you hit the stop button.

Interesting thing is that these lines correspond with the following.

73:      $this->info = array('currency' => $order['currency'],
74:                          'currency_value' => $order['currency_value'],
75:                          etc;

I would quote the lot, but I'm assuming you've all got a copy of osCommerce available somewhere. Anyone know what might be going wrong? I've tried googling and such, but it's not working for me. Thanks incredible amounts for anticipated help. ;-)

Post your first 100 or so lines of code for includes/classes/order.php -> I think you're off by about 20 lines of code. For instance, your line 74 above is line 54 for a vanilla install.

Lines 73-75 are like this:

'state' => $order['customers_state'],
                             'country' => $order['customers_country'],
                             'format_id' => $order['customers_address_format_id'],

there have been a few of those tonite, and i have reported them, especially the ones where someone says to go download something else

I'm not sure you mean by that.

In relation to line numbers, I've done a stupid thing. I posted line 54 instead of 74. It still doesn't help overmuch. Have I put in shoddy country details, and if so; where? :-P

I downloaded the latest version from teh site a few hours ago. Not sure if that helps. :-] [edit: What's CRE?]

66:      $this->customer = array('id' => $order['customers_id'],
67:                              'name' => $order['customers_name'],
68:                              'company' => $order['customers_company'],
69:                              'street_address' => $order['customers_street_address'],
70:                              'suburb' => $order['customers_suburb'],
71:                              'city' => $order['customers_city'],
72:                              'postcode' => $order['customers_postcode'],
73:                              'state' => $order['customers_state'],
74:                              'country' => $order['customers_country'],
75:                              'format_id' => $order['customers_address_format_id'],
76:                              'telephone' => $order['customers_telephone'],
77:                              'email_address' => $order['customers_email_address']);

Look at the data contained in the database (orders table).  See what is in the customers_country field.  Paste it...

Hmmmm. It may just be that I'm a great big newbie, but I can't find that particular field. I've got customers, customers_basket, customers_basket_attributes and customers_info. In customers I've got "customers_id, customers_gender, customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_dob, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id, customers_telephone, customers_fax, customers_password, customers_newsletter".

Sorry. :-/ I'm using PHPMyAdmin. Am I in the wrong spot? :-S

Archived