• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I am stumped

juss_me

I am stumped.

Here is a little background, before I get into what has me stumped at this moment. I have very little CSS knowledge, and no PHP knowledge at all.

I was having some troubles with some pages that have info boxes on them, aside from the left and right boxes. I?m talking about boxes such as you find on the sign up page. The problem I was having is that the font color and background were the same color, making it impossible to read. I did not wish to change the look of the boxes on the left and right, just those info boxes in the middle.

Someone suggested a bit of code for me to use to change the font color of just those boxes. The style was called accountstyle. I was not able to override the font color with the code provided me, but I was able to alter it to change the background color. I went to each and every page that I could find with those boxes and changed the infoboxcontents class to accountstyle class for each and every page. It worked a charm!

It worked everywhere except on one page, so far. On the address_book_process page, I cannot change the font color or the background color. I replaced all the infoboxcontent codes to accountstyle. The boxes did not change. If I go to infoboxcontents in the stylesheet, and change the background to black, the box on that page does change, so I know that is the code affecting it. However, that also changes all the other infoboxes, like the categories etc, and that will not work.

I changed the background color on table.formarea. It did not work.

I went through the HTML for just that page, to the best of my ability, and changed all the table backgrounds to black, one at a time, in order to change that one spot. This did not work.

I simply cannot find the code that affects that one particular table. I can find no way at all to change the background or the font color of just that one table.

Do you have any ideas of what else I could try?

The link to my store is www.store.dawnslight.com, and it is the <a href="https://secure.patriothosting.net/~dawnslig/store/address_book_process.php?osCsid=2315442da147b357c3d32877b2c5a885">add an address</a> page which I?m talking about. I don?t think you can see that page without creating an account though.

Thanks,

Dawn

i dont understand, you wanted to change the color of the font used in the info boxes?

this is all controlled via the stylesheet.css and only one change does it all.

someone has you going in circles

i dont understand, you wanted to change the color of the font used in the info boxes?

this is all controlled via the stylesheet.css and only one change does it all.

someone has you going in circles

Thanks for your reply!

To be more clear, I wanted to change either the font color or the background of only SOME of the info boxes. My info boxes on the sides like category and search and what have you were all just find and dandy. However, the big info boxes that come up in the center of some pages, like in the sign up and checkout and address book sections needed to be changed.

So, somebody wrote me a code to use for just those boxes on just those pages. And it worked on every page save this one, stubborn page. Why is that one place different? It seems to be affected or overridden somewhere along the way.

? I dunno .... :blink:

Does anyone know why the address_book_process page is different than all the other pages? Changing infoboxcontents worked on all the other pages, just not the "add an address" page. There must be a reason, but I sure can't pinpoint it.

Thanks!

The particular table you're looking at has a class of infoBoxContents, as specified in includes/modules/address_book_details.php Replace the classes in this file to effect the change you want. Around line 26:

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
     <tr class="infoBoxContents">

The particular table you're looking at has a class of infoBoxContents, as specified in includes/modules/address_book_details.php? Replace the classes in this file to effect the change you want.? Around line 26:

? ?<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
? ? ?<tr class="infoBoxContents">

I was just looking at that myself. Looking at the login.php file, the same area has a table row with a class of

<tr class="accountstyle">

Try that. I can't see where else it would be.

I was editing my post but took too long - here is what I wanted to add:

You added an "accountstyle" - you need to change the infoBoxContents above to accountstyle.

I will comment, not that you asked, that I find the color scheme you're trying for rather difficult on the eyes.

The particular table you're looking at has a class of infoBoxContents, as specified in includes/modules/address_book_details.php  Replace the classes in this file to effect the change you want.  Around line 26:

? ?<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
? ? ?<tr class="infoBoxContents">

YES!!! Oh, it worked! Thank you, thank you! I *knew* that it had to be coming from somewhere else, but couldn't find it.

Thanks!!!

I was editing my post but took too long - here is what I wanted to add:

You added an "accountstyle" - you need to change the infoBoxContents above to accountstyle.

I will comment, not that you asked, that I find the color scheme you're trying for rather difficult on the eyes.

Well, no, I didn't ask, but I'm glad you said something anyway. :thumbsup: I'm not totally pleased with the black boxes there, but it does enable the font to show up, and I knew no other way to do it. (That was just a day or two ago, I've learned a lot since then!) However, since it's like that, that's how it will have to stay for now. I would prefer the light green that was there, with dark green font. I will probably fix it all one day, just not today!

Anytime you think I should hear something, say it! Don't wait for me to ask! I appreciate constructive criticism.

Thanks again for helping me solve this problem!

Archived