• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP ME !!!

coptictonia

Hello,

I am sorry for this post, i have been through the knowledge base, and i am getting lost in the forums...i just have a few questions..please if anyone can help and not direct me to some random link. I already installed osCommerce provided by my host, but here are my questions..

1. I try to create a user account, and I get a 404 error. The page does exist, but I have noticed that there is a difference in the URL, it says HTTPS, instead of HTTP...can someone explain this ?

2. After reading around, I assumed it has something to do with SSL, My host allows me ability to create a certificate through the control panel..

3. I have less than a week to get this store up and running, and I am about to break down from all the anxiety. Trying to edit the main pages and add my own top logo banners and headers, etc.

Consumption for the Day...3 cups of Starbucks, and 3 cans of Red Bull, and I just finished my 2nd can of Monster Energy.

THank you,

Mike

[email protected]

My host allows me ability to create a certificate through the control panel..

Doubt that very much. More likely they allow you to create a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) in your Control Panel, then you take that to a company that sells SSL certs, you give them your CSR, you pay your money, and they give you the text file for the SSL cert. You then go back to your control panel, IMPORT the SSL text, and then tell your hosting company to reboot the httpd file on the server you're on.

Vger

Doubt that very much.  More likely they allow you to create a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) in your Control Panel, then you take that to a company that sells SSL certs, you give them your CSR, you pay your money, and they give you the text file for the SSL cert.  You then go back to your control panel, IMPORT the SSL text, and then tell your hosting company to reboot the httpd file on the server you're on.

Vger

I contacted the host, they walked me through the procedure, I filled out some form, I believe what you said the CSR, after that was generated, the host gave me a page to copy and paste the information, and I imported it. It then said, certificate saved. Is that what you meant ? I am still trying to access areas that have links of https and I still get the 404 errors, is there anything I need to edit in any config files that I might have overlooked ?

Thank you very much Vger, for the quick responses.

that means you are buying a certificate from your host, who sells ssl certificates.

your host needs to reboot your server. then you change your configure.php files to reflect the ssl to true and the ssl path from your host

Archived