• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

close browser logged out

jonnybmx

I'm running a fresh install of osCommerce 2.2m2 and everything seems to be working good, except when I log in then close the browser it logs me out. is it not setting a cookie or just using sessions?

i tried forcing the cookie use but that didnt work.

Also when a guest adds items to the cart, is there a way to keep those items in the cart after they close the browser?

Thanks for the help!

I'm running a fresh install of osCommerce 2.2m2 and everything seems to be working good, except when I log in then close the browser it logs me out. is it not setting a cookie or just using sessions?

i tried forcing the cookie use but that didnt work.

Also when a guest adds items to the cart, is there a way to keep those items in the cart after they close the browser?

Thanks for the help!

Autologging in has security implications so isnt included as standard.

If the user has an account then any items they add to the cart are saved and are reloaded when they log in again.

For guests you will need to store the information in a cookie if you want to be able to do this.

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

osC uses a session cookie. If you don't login, then the items are not kept in your cart. If you login, then all of the items in your "guest" cart are added to your "member" cart. If you don't login, then when the session cookie is gone (i.e. close your browser) then the cart contents are also gone.

-jared

Archived