• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Review

coolcl

This is my second post about this problem. I need help to solve this issue.

I don't know what happened but my product_reviews_info.php page is not showing the content of the reviewed items anymore, (no texte, no image). click on this link Reviews to see what it does.

If anyone could send me a lead on where to look,

it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks to all the genius out there for this great software.

ccl >_<

looks to be a problem within the reviews box, its trying to show the stars img twice, post your includes/boxes/reviews.php code or pm it to me

Ihave reload the bosx twice with a fresh file, and non joy! Here's the code;

/*

$Id: reviews.php,v 1.37 2003/06/09 22:20:28 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

?>

<!-- reviews //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_REVIEWS);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false, tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS));

$random_select = "select r.reviews_id, r.reviews_rating, p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_REVIEWS . " r, " . TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION . " rd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = r.products_id and r.reviews_id = rd.reviews_id and rd.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

$random_select .= " and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'";

}

$random_select .= " order by r.reviews_id desc limit " . MAX_RANDOM_SELECT_REVIEWS;

$random_product = tep_random_select($random_select);

if ($random_product) {

// display random review box

$review_query = tep_db_query("select substring(reviews_text, 1, 60) as reviews_text from " . TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION . " where reviews_id = '" . (int)$random_product['reviews_id'] . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$review = tep_db_fetch_array($review_query);

$review = tep_break_string(tep_output_string_protected($review['reviews_text']), 15, '-<br>');

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<div align="center"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id'] . '&reviews_id=' . $random_product['reviews_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $random_product['products_image'], $random_product['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></div><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id'] . '&reviews_id=' . $random_product['reviews_id']) . '">' . $review . ' ..</a><br><div align="center">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'stars_' . $random_product['reviews_rating'] . '.gif' , sprintf(BOX_REVIEWS_TEXT_OF_5_STARS, $random_product['reviews_rating'])) . '</div>');

} elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

// display 'write a review' box

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td class="infoBoxContents"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'box_write_review.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_WRITE_REVIEW) . '</a></td><td class="infoBoxContents"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) . '">' . BOX_REVIEWS_WRITE_REVIEW .'</a></td></tr></table>');

} else {

// display 'no reviews' box

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_REVIEWS_NO_REVIEWS);

}

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- reviews_eof //-->

I have a clone version of this site for my US customers and the reviews works normally.

I thank you very much for your help.

ccl

Ihave reload the bosx twice with a fresh file, and non joy! Here's the code;

/*

$Id: reviews.php,v 1.37 2003/06/09 22:20:28 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright ? 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

?>

<!-- reviews //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_REVIEWS);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false, tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS));

$random_select = "select r.reviews_id, r.reviews_rating, p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_REVIEWS . " r, " . TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION . " rd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = r.products_id and r.reviews_id = rd.reviews_id and rd.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

$random_select .= " and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'";

}

$random_select .= " order by r.reviews_id desc limit " . MAX_RANDOM_SELECT_REVIEWS;

$random_product = tep_random_select($random_select);

if ($random_product) {

// display random review box

$review_query = tep_db_query("select substring(reviews_text, 1, 60) as reviews_text from " . TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION . " where reviews_id = '" . (int)$random_product['reviews_id'] . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$review = tep_db_fetch_array($review_query);

$review = tep_break_string(tep_output_string_protected($review['reviews_text']), 15, '-<br>');

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<div align="center"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id'] . '&reviews_id=' . $random_product['reviews_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $random_product['products_image'], $random_product['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></div><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id'] . '&reviews_id=' . $random_product['reviews_id']) . '">' . $review . ' ..</a><br><div align="center">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'stars_' . $random_product['reviews_rating'] . '.gif' , sprintf(BOX_REVIEWS_TEXT_OF_5_STARS, $random_product['reviews_rating'])) . '</div>');

} elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

// display 'write a review' box

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td class="infoBoxContents"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'box_write_review.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_WRITE_REVIEW) . '</a></td><td class="infoBoxContents"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) . '">' . BOX_REVIEWS_WRITE_REVIEW .'</a></td></tr></table>');

} else {

// display 'no reviews' box

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_REVIEWS_NO_REVIEWS);

}

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- reviews_eof //-->

I have a clone version of this site for my US customers and the reviews works normally.

I thank you very much for your help.

ccl

I just found the problem, I have moved the box from right_column.php to left_column.php a few weeks ago and that cause the problem. I just changed it back to where it use to be and it is now working fine.

I will try to see why the box doesn't like to be changed from the right to the left!

Thank you again,

ccl

• 2 weeks later...
I just found the problem, I have moved the box from right_column.php to left_column.php a few weeks ago and that cause the problem. I just changed it back to where it use to be and it is now working fine.

I will try to see why the box doesn't like to be changed from the right to the left!

Thank you again,

ccl

Any feedback or more info on this one? I have the same issue, using column_left also, but my site doesn't use a column_right, so I would like to fix the actual problem. It's got me stumped.

Archived