• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osC's attribute passing mechanism

fishek

Hello, I am faced with trying to modify the ability to pass attributes in a master/slave product modified osC install.

However, I cannot successfully pass the attribute. Could someone please advise me as to how I can pass an item WITh attribute information successfully to the shopping cart?

I believe my problem lies primarily with how I handle the application_top.php and product_info.php "buy_now" / Add to cart cases

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['slave_id'])) {
if (tep_has_product_attributes($HTTP_GET_VARS['slave_id'])) {
//REDIRECT tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['slave_id']));

//$cart->contents[$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']]['attributes'][$products_options_name['products_options_id']];

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['slave_id'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['slave_id'])+1);

} else {
$cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['slave_id'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['slave_id'])+1);
                               }
                             }
tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters)));
                             break;

What I cannot figure out, is how to implement and successfully pass the attribute to an item after it reaches the shopping cart (that's what I assume happens at the point of the shopping cart).

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Archived