• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Contribution

basshook

I've been to the contribution page and typed in PayPal and received a number of contributions and was wondering which one I should use or should I use the original module? I've browsed the forum, but cannot find any posts that describe what the differences are or what is the preferred choice.

Basshook

Hey Paul,

I installed this version of the Paypal IPN.

It's great & somewhat easy to install. The link that I provided goes to the support thread.

HTH

Fireman 911, thanks for that unfortunately it doesn't tell me what version it is referring to and I don't know what version is the most stable. I've read through the whole thread a few times and through others as well. Lots of people with issues so I want to get it right the first time around. I haven't installed the default paypal module, should I before I install the IPN contribution?

Basshook

I've been to the contribution page and typed in PayPal and received a number of contributions and was wondering which one I should use or should I use the original module?  I've browsed the forum, but cannot find any posts that describe what the differences are or what is the preferred choice.

Paypal_shopping_cart_ipn I think it is at version 2.8 or 2.9 The last one I have used was 2.8 and it works fine.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Fireman 911, thanks for that unfortunately it doesn't tell me what version it is referring to and I don't know what version is the most stable.  I've read through the whole thread a few times and through others as well.  Lots of people with issues so I want to get it right the first time around.  I haven't installed the default paypal module, should I before I install the IPN contribution?

Sorry about that, I thought you were talking about Paypal in general. I'm using version 2.9 and it works great as well.

Sorry about that, I thought you were talking about Paypal in general. I'm using version 2.9 and it works great as well.

I've just downloaded IPN version 2.9. My question is, I haven't installed the default PayPal module and was wondering if I can install the IPN contribution first or should I install the default and then remove it as per the instructions? Just trying to save some time.

Basshook

I've just downloaded IPN version 2.9.  My question is, I haven't installed the default PayPal module and was wondering if I can install the IPN contribution first or should I install the default and then remove it as per the instructions? Just trying to save some time.

Can anyone answer this question before I get started on the install please?

Basshook

Just follow the instructions, instead of asking which ones you can skip. It's not that hard to install the default one, just hit a button, but instead you go in the forum and ask if you can skip it. Just do it!!!

David Amherst

Archived