• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Several OS sites go to one cart??

styledata

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not, but here goes. The scenario: I have multiple domains on a dedicated server. They are all very similar, selling similar products. I can't buy SSL's for each and every domain. Is it possible to put an SSL on ONE of the domains, and have that be where the secure account and checkout pages are for each of the domains? Each site would have its own product pages, but when it comes time to checkout, they all go to the one, SSL encrypted site. Currently I have a shopping cart through Americart, so it doesn't matter, but I really want to move to osCommerce.

Thank you!

Give us your best shot!

PhotoImprints.com

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not, but here goes. The scenario: I have multiple domains on a dedicated server. They are all very similar, selling similar products. I can't buy SSL's for each and every domain. Is it possible to put an SSL on ONE of the domains, and have that be where the secure account and checkout pages are for each of the domains? Each site would have its own product pages, but when it comes time to checkout, they all go to the one, SSL encrypted site. Currently I have a shopping cart through Americart, so it doesn't matter, but I really want to move to osCommerce.

Thank you!

yes, all you need to do is have one domain or subdomain such as

secure.yourdomain.com

then you create a folder in it for each store i.e

secure.yourdomain.com/store1/

secure.yourdomain.com/store2

then copy al the files from each of your stores to its own folder, change the links in the Configure.php files to reflect the SSL domains.

Thats what I have done so I know it works

Archived