• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can't find /install/oscommerce.sql

Well, arrrgggg. Just about sums it up. Have not been having a happytime doing this install.

First of all I couldn't get the install to run. Was getting

register_globals is disabled in php.ini error message.

Seems that by default for security reasons that this is turned off with version 4.3.9 of PHP by default.

Turns out that the latest version of MySql (4.1.7) isn't supported by this product so had to roll back to 4.0.22.

So now I can get past the first two installation screen.

I get the screen which says a test connection to the database was successful. Yippeee I thought is now going to go smoothly. Click next and get :---

The following error has occurred:

SQL file does not exist: /install/oscommerce.sql

Now considering I copied the catalog folder/directory and all its subfolders/directories in there entirety to the root of my web server I am a little perplexed as to why it can't find this file.

If I look at the web server path localhost/catalog/install/ I can see the file oscommerce.sql sitting there waving at me but hiding from the install routine

What is really frustrating is that no-one else seems to have had this happen.

How do I fix this.

Are you on a windows server? I am pretty sure that I have seen this show up on windows servers. If so you might want to try searching for windows install problems.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

I am runnign on a windows machine but using Sambar server. Will do a search on windows install problems anyway and see what I can find.

Thanks for the tip.

Another thing to thik about is to setup your two configure.php files manually. That is really the only thing the install script does and you can do it yourself.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

I was installing on my personal computer to test it out and received a similar error. For me it asked for "/install/oscommerce.sql". So I had to copy the file to the root directory of the hard drive and create an "install" directory to place the file in. No idea why it asked for it there, since that wasn't where the catalog directory was or even close to where the webroot is, strange.

Found this post - might help.

The error message 'SQL file does not exist' problem occurs in step 3 of the browser install of osc v2.2. After trying all of the suggested fixes (see those for the history, theres only 4) in the locked thread of this title, this is what I figured out.

I believe it has to do with server specific addressing.

Anyway, in step1 you are told to type in /home/yoursitename/html/... don't... and don't change the addressing provided in the server root address box. Make sure to leave the slash off the end.

However, do fill in all of the other boxes per instructions. If you are installing catalog in the root directory be sure to follow the instructions of replacing '/catalog/' with '/'. This fills in the missing slash on the root address.

Also, if you are installing the software in a test directory so your old site can continue running while you get this one sorted out, do not add that directory name as part of the root address. Instead, add that directory name in the boxes requesting virtual addressing for 'catalog' and 'admin'.

Just be sure when you are done and are ready to move the whole site to the root directory, modify the appropriate addressing in the /catalog/includes/config/ and /admin/includes/config/ files.

Of course, you could always do a new install and not upload the test 'oscommerce.sql' but do you reeeeeally want to take that chance?

Good luck, Charles

Vger

• 11 months later...

All of you wrong.

open

oscommerce/install/templates/pages/install_3.php

line 44

Change

$sql_file = $dir_fs_www_root . 'install/oscommerce.sql';

to

$sql_file = 'oscommerce.sql';

problem solved.

Windows server doesnt accept the $dir_fs_www_root so it'd fail everytime on a win server

Found this post - might help.

Vger

The fix by azura worked perfect

open

oscommerce/install/templates/pages/install_3.php

line 44

Change

$sql_file = $dir_fs_www_root . 'install/oscommerce.sql';

to

$sql_file = 'oscommerce.sql';

problem solved.

Windows server doesnt accept the $dir_fs_www_root so it'd fail everytime on a win server

Thanks

Archived