• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding a link in the email message

ChrisJChrisJ

The osCommerce customer creates an account and receives a 'Welcome' email. In the 'Welcome' email message, how do I put a linked email address that they can simply click on if they want to? Someone suggested the mailto function, but I don't know hwat that is or wherev that is. Thanks.

The osCommerce customer creates an account and receives a 'Welcome' email. In the 'Welcome' email message, how do I put a linked email address that they can simply click on if they want to? Someone suggested the mailto function, but I don't know hwat that is or wherev that is. Thanks.

I think this would be simply a change to /includes/languages/english/create_account.php

define('EMAIL_TEXT', 'You can now take part in the <b>various services</b> we have to offer. Some of these services include:' . "\n\n" . '<li><b>Permanent Cart</b> - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.' . "\n" . '<li><b>Address Book</b> - We can deliver your purchases to an address other than yours! This is a perfect way to send birthday gifts directly.' . "\n" . '<li><b>Order History</b> - View your history of your purchases with us.' . "\n" . '<li><b>Products Reviews</b> - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.' . "\n\n");

You can stick in

<a href="mailto:[email protected]">Mail me!</a>

somewhere in there e.g. (carriage returns added for clarity)

define('EMAIL_TEXT', 'You can now take part in the <b>various services</b> we have to offer. Some of these services include:' . "\n\n" . '<li><b>Permanent Cart</b> - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.' . "\n" . '<li><b>Address Book</b> - We can deliver your purchases to an address other than yours! This is a perfect way to send birthday gifts directly.' . "\n" . '<li><b>Order History</b> - View your history of your purchases with us.' . "\n" . '<li><b>Products Reviews</b> - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.' . "\n\n"

. 'If you have questions please feel free to <a href="mailto:[email protected]">send a message to the store owner</a>' . "\n\n");

-andrea-

Archived