• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Config Assistance

F1_error

I've successfully installed osCommerce, and have begun the process of learning how to use it. I decided to change the admin directory name to something a little less obvious. I figured this would be a simple change. (I'm new to PHP and MySQL, so what do I really know?) After changing the directory to adminf00, I then went to .../catalog/adminf00/includes/configure.php where I changed;

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/******/foo.com/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate required

to

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/******/foo.com/catalog/adminf00/'); // absolute pate required

Oddly enough, this didn't work. When I click on any link off the .../adminf00/index.php page, I get;

Not Found

The requested URL /catalog/admin/configuration.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I'm now stumped, and I figure that if I don't know enough to make this (seemingly) simple change, I probably don't know enough to further configure this to suit my needs. Of course I could be missing the completely obvious, and I'm now just showing off my stupidity. Any ideas to help me get back on the right track?

Archived