• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I remove the url link 4 'Top' in navigation

BostonGreen

Hi there,

I've got a seperate install of phpnuke 7.4 and seperate install of oscommerce.

Because I had problems installing a modded version of oscommerce into the nuke I took a different route, I created my own mod which basically allows me to integrate my seperate install of osc into my pnpnuke 'home' page. Quite Handy ;)

However, if you take a look at my site, click on 'hydroponics shop' and you'll see osc load up in the middle of my nuke home. My problem is with the link within osc, top left, about 1inch down, it says 'Top' >> 'Catalogue'. The 'Top' link takes you to my main site, but as you can see if you click it, it loads up my main site within the main nuke frame :( try it, you'll see what i mean.

What I want to do is replace the url that 'Top' links to, instead of it going to http://undergroundhydroponics.com i want it to point to http://undergroundhydroponics.com/shopping/oscommerce/ , but I can't find it anywhere in the files, or the configuration.

If I can't change the direction, can I at least disable that link entirely ?

Any help would be brilliant.

Boston Green

http://undergroundhydroponics.com

hmmm, not having much luck with that.

I've downloaded 1.2.tar which won't unpack.

I've downloaded 1.zip, which extracts. Am I right in thinking I gotta download my entire oscommerce directory onto my hard drive, to make use of this pagemaker ??

Surely there is an easier way to remove the 'Top' from the header navigation - anyone ????????

Yes, the program operates on a copy of your shop. You should always have a copy of your shop on your computer. Several things can happen that can cause you to lose it. Even if you make this change manually, you still should be doing it to backup files unless it doesn't matter to you that your shop may go down.

jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, the program operates on a copy of your shop.  You should always have a copy of your shop on your computer.  Several things can happen that can cause you to lose it.  Even if you make this change manually, you still should be doing it to backup files unless it doesn't matter to you that your shop may go down.

jack

Lol, i do have complete backups of my entire site, but stored on another server entirely.

Am downloading my shop to my hard drive now, but there's a distinct lack of any form of instructions with this pagemaker thing. Will have a play though.

Will be a whole lot easier if someone just lets me know what file i need to edit to remove 'Top' from header navigation.

So what is this pagemaker supposed to do ?

I've downloaded my site, i've selected the orginal and created the new privacy.php file, got successful message ....... now what ??

Am I missing something ?

An editor wasnt really what I was after, as Dreamweaver seems to suffice, What i wanted to know was what i need to edit ?

Lol, i do have complete backups of my entire site, but stored on another server entirely.

Am downloading my shop to my hard drive now, but there's a distinct lack of any form of instructions with this pagemaker thing. Will have a play though.

Will be a whole lot easier if someone just lets me know what file i need to edit to remove 'Top' from header navigation.

This is a pretty common question and easily findable with a search. But here is what's needed:

Open the \includes\languages\english.php file and find

HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG

Change it to something else, like Home, Start Here or whatever. So it now looks like

define('HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG', 'Home');

Then you'll want to go into \includes\application_top.php

search for: $breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_TOP, HTTP_SERVER);

and remove or comment it out.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

So what is this pagemaker supposed to do ?

I've downloaded my site, i've selected the orginal and created the new privacy.php file, got successful message ....... now what ??

Am I missing something ?

An editor wasnt really what I was after, as Dreamweaver seems to suffice, What i wanted to know was what i need to edit ?

Sounds you might have the wrong version. There is a Miscellaneous tab (if you have the latest version). On that tab a place for you to enter the name you want displayed at the top. Press the button to do it and you are done.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Someone else emailed me with the same problem. I very rarely use tar but had to in this case due to the size restriction in force. So I won't be of much help to you if it is not extractable.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

lol, Okay, so now I have your correct version of pagemaker. I've run it and all it seems to do (for my problem) is rename 'Top' in the header navigation.

I don't want to rename it, i want to REMOVE it !!!!!! or at least change the url it directs to - from what I can see your bit of software does neither.

So can someone please please please just tell me what file i need to edit and what lines need removing so I now longer have 'Top' in header navigation, I want the header navigation to start with 'Catalogue'

Anyone at all ????

Okay, so i've finally got it fixed, not with help from the official oscommerce support, but from a third party on another site, and without having to download any un-helpfull applications.

If anyone else would like to know how to remove the 'Top' from the header navigation then do the following:-

Open oscommerce file named

includes/application_top.php

BACKUP application_top.php file first

before altering !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go to line around 466

$breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_TOP, HTTP_SERVER);

Remove that line...

Sorted.

First of all, you seem to be operating under a wrong impression. There is no "official oscommerce support." The help you receive on these forums is all voluntary. Help that will be harder to come by if you don't calm down somewhat. I know it is frustrating trying to solve a problem but that is the way it works here.

Secondly, if you would have ran the program, that is exactly what it does.

And finally, if you would have read my post above, you would have saved yourself a lot of grief as I already gave your the instructions to do it yourself.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived