• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

installation of OsCommence

ryulite

hi , i am new to the Os-commence software :blush: .... i had tried the online demostration of the software. but now i had downloaded the .zip file found on the website. my question is that .. i only see files that are filed with codings there was one install file but that was un-known file extension. is there anyway i can install the software into my computer and test it out? or the .zip file is only avaliable for developers to do the coding and the only demo is the demo found online?? :huh: :blink: :D

You need to install it onto a webserver. Once it's there, you can simply execute install/index.php and it will run the install scripts for you (you should have a mysql database setup first).

You can run it locally if you have a php/mysql enabled webserver on your local computer. If you don't have this, do a google search for something like XAMPP which is a prebuilt, ready to run apache, mysql, php implementation. It's great for testing things like this (there are many others, I just know this one works).

Dan

Dan Stevens

thanks vertmonkee ^_^ .. but now i have problem with the database.. must i really add the database?:unsure: if i do, can i create a microsoft access database? i placed it inside the catalog file inside the htdocs of the xampp folder but the conntection was failed. what can i do? ^_^

PS: Unknown MySQL Server Host 'http' (11001)

this is the error code being shown

i suggest starting with xampp to learn how to use that first. get to know what it does.

in the knowledge base osCommerce has certain requirements which have to be in place prior to installation, which apache, mysql and php fall into that category.

then follow the installation procedures.

Mibble.. thanks :thumbsup:

now i am looking at the web server configuration.. i am only having problem with the database configuration.. but i followed your advise and now is in the mist of learning how to use xampp properly.. but how can i solve that error can anyone tell me? :unsure:

error message: Warning Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: D:/Program Files/ApacheFriends/xampp/htdocs/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file

i have already followed the instruction using the windows file setting permission for everyone i have read & execute and read permission allowed and the write to be deny.. but i left the modified untouch.. but i still have that error can anyone tell me why?

i solved the previous one but there is another 2..

Warning Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.

what should i do? just create the folder? what directory should i create? tmp names directory or what?

Archived