• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Music shop online... whew! pls review

:'( I posted a request for the community to look at my latest cart and did NOT include the url....

http://www.bytesnflight.com/clarionmusic/

Thank you

Well, I would change the background color because I cannot read dark blue on dark red.

Also, your cookie usage page does not center and is entirely dark red.

Also, some of your images are broken.

Not sure why you insist on forcing cookies. Maybe check your cookie domains because I have session cookies enabled in my browser and still get the cookie page. but maybe this is my fault.

Amanda.

Treasurer MFC

:'( I posted a request for the community to look at my latest cart and did NOT include the url....

http://www.bytesnflight.com/clarionmusic/

Thank you

one other thing:

I would recommend removing the mailto: link on your site.

1 it will save you a lot of spam and

2 it now invokes my outlook program which is a drag.

use a link to your contact_us page instead.

amanda.

Treasurer MFC

I agree about the colours on the dark red background...cant see the blue and the colour you have set for the page views.

You have a problem on your Create Account screen...it loses the background and is not centered anymore. Appears to be the same problem Amanda mentioned about your cookie screen (although I havent seen that one)

I would replace the standard buttons with ones that follow the same design as the rest of your store.

The advanced search page....the Date From and To are infilled with DOB_FORMAT_STRING

You have numerous product images missing.

On the shopping cart screen, the buttons are too big, especially the continue shopping one..makes the screen content larger than your header..looks wrong. This ties in with my earlier comment about changing the buttons to some of your own.

Other than the above, it looks good.

Good luck with it.

in fireFox 1.0 your contact and conditions page shift to the right, off screen. Have to scroll out of the field of view to see the actual pages. For some odd reason on those pages you have a body margin of 650 set. I would remove that margin. Always a good idea to check your site in as many different browsers as you can.

Well, I would change the background color because I cannot read dark blue on dark red.

Not sure why you insist on forcing cookies. Maybe check your cookie domains because I have session cookies enabled in my browser and still get the cookie page. but maybe this is my fault.

Amanda.

Amanda.

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for your help...

The background and the basic colors are to match the site this one

http://www.clarionmusic.com

I will change the text color in the footer...

I've had a real problem with the image issue. I check before I put the site out it appeared that all the images were available. However, I will and I am going to do a click thru again.

The cookie usage page... that would be at the footer... text color change

I did actually mean to use do Force Cookies.

Am going to have to do a little more reading on Cookies, again and get back to you on that one.

And it is not your fault... it should never be the users fault...(smile)

one other thing:

I would recommend removing the mailto: link on your site.

1 it will save you a lot of spam and

2 it now invokes my outlook program which is a drag.

use a link to your contact_us page instead.

amanda.

That was at the client's request...

It's gone...

The suggestion is taken...

Thanks again,

best regards

I agree about the colours on the dark red background...cant see the blue and the colour you have set for the page views.

You have a problem on your Create Account screen...it loses the background and is not centered anymore.  Appears to be the same problem Amanda mentioned about your cookie screen (although I havent seen that one)

I would replace the standard buttons with ones that follow the same design as the rest of your store.

The advanced search page....the Date From and To are infilled with DOB_FORMAT_STRING

You have numerous product images missing.

On the shopping cart screen, the buttons are too big, especially the continue shopping one..makes the screen content larger than your header..looks wrong. This ties in with my earlier comment about changing the buttons to some of your own.

Other than the above,  it looks good.

Good luck with it.

Thanks,

Wow, didn't see these but they make sense...

Okay, the text color issue I will address...

but I curious that the Create Account Screen, lost its background and center, like the Cookie Usage Screen... so these would be page/template configurations concerns are or something more?

Oh the buttons... can't I change the size of the icon/buttons globally to a small dimenison... I will look at that...

I probably commented it out in error in the english.php page... I will correct that. Thanks

The missing images.... >_< I will go through the site again and the database... naming of files problem... I didn't name the image file names... lotsa problems with that... okay it's on the list...

Thanks again

for your help

best regards,

here is the source url http://www.clarionmusic.com

i did not create this site...

in fireFox 1.0 your contact and conditions page shift to the right, off screen. Have to scroll out of the field of view to see the actual pages. For some odd reason on those pages you have a body margin of 650 set. I would remove that margin.  Always a good idea to check your site in as many different browsers as you can.

Thanks for the feedback...

I'll remove that body margin and put the width control in the table margin instead...

Your right about that if I were in a QA Lab; I would have various browsers running with similar and different operating systems.

However, I am very happy to have this community to help me look at this "cube" from as many angles as possible.

I hope more people with different browser give me their take of how it looks in there viewer.

FireFox is a 1.0 browser for what platform?

Thanks again for your help

most appreciated....

best regards,

I've noticed one other small thing:

Visited links - when they change colour they also become larger by about 1 font size. (eg 8pt to 9pt)

Perhaps you should check your stylesheet to ensure that the a:link and a:visited font sizes are the same - unless of course they were supposed to be different sizes?

opps sorry, i guess that's dudet

lol

give it a go...

The mortar end of this shopping cart is alive and well in the heart of chinatown San Francisco. It is a San Francisco Gem.

Estar or Sitar... Djembe... Oud and a whole bunch of other exotic instruments and names I can't began to pronounce... anywhere need correctly :blush:

hey, dudet is fine...

durga is a deva/goddess old school - durga = dudet... that works - smile

thanks for check out the site... and your interest... it is very encouraging.

I fixed [fingers crossed] all the missing images... and such

and hopefully got all the user pages configured correctly.

The input I got from this forum has be excellent stuff.

Merci

mucho gracious

best regards,

I've noticed one other small thing:

Visited links - when they change colour they also become larger by about 1 font size. (eg 8pt to 9pt)

Perhaps you should check your stylesheet to ensure that the a:link and a:visited font sizes are the same - unless of course they were supposed to be different sizes?

Hi Jane,

Yes, that is deliberate; the one pt size difference.

The idea is that the link is active and with a slight emphsis.

It does prompt a question in my mind...

Do you feel that as a user this is a distraction or a helpful tip?

Thank you for your time...and input

It is always the little things the snags the works... smile

best regards,

Archived