• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Deleting products in Mysql

Wisha

Hello, can anyone tell me how to delete multiple products from within MySql? Each couple of weeks I have a list of about 30-40 products which have become discontinued and therefore I need a way to easily delete these from the database. Its far to slow to do this within the admin tool.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Will.

Hello, can anyone tell me how to delete multiple products from within MySql? Each couple of weeks I have a list of about 30-40 products which have become discontinued and therefore I need a way to easily delete these from the database. Its far to slow to do this within the admin tool.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Will.

I don't think there's a quick way to do it, unless all of the products you want to delete have some common field data. Example, the products_model is all the same for the products to delete. Or maybe products_status is the same. You could change the Status to inactive in admin (faster then deleting) for all your products, and then every few months run a query to delete products where products_status = 0. If you do, don't forget to also delete the associated records (based on product_id) in product_description and ... there's another table as well I think.

Might be easier to just delete them from Admin as needed. :)

Maybe create a custom "Quick Delete" script that presents the products in a checkbox list with a "delete records" button...mass delete products :)

Good idea Chemo! I didn't think of it because I would have no idea (well a little idea) how to do it. Wisha, you should have Chemo to do a custom programming job for this, I hear he's da-man. :)

right, however he said he wanted to do a mass delete of the products, and you can modify the code from there . . is why i said you can take code from there . .

Archived