• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Verizon blocking emails???

josephkola

Hi all,

Here's the strange problem. I can not recieve email that I send from my oscommerce site (admin section nor when I create a new account) to any of my verizon.net email accounts. (verizon is my isp) I've tried send to other friends on verizon and they never receive the emails either.

The accounts that I am sending to are my everyday email accounts for the past few years. I am just sending one email at a time so I don't thik there should be a spam blocking issue.

I've talked to my hosting company ixwebhosting and they see no reason why I should not be getting the emails.

One little glitch I noticed today was this. I created an account from my work. My isp at work is verizon, but my email is though my work site, bradfordwoodworking.com. I recieved a test email I sent from the admin section, but no email thanking me for creating an account.

Could verizon be treating the emails generating from oscommerce as spam?

Thanks,

Joseph

[email protected]

Hi all,

Here's the strange problem. I can not recieve email that I send from my oscommerce site (admin section nor when I create a new account) to any of my verizon.net email accounts. (verizon is my isp) I've tried send to other friends on verizon and they never receive the emails either.

The accounts that I am sending to are my everyday email accounts for the past few years. I am just sending one email at a time so I don't thik there should be a spam blocking issue.

I've talked to my hosting company ixwebhosting and they see no reason why I should not be getting the emails.

One little glitch I noticed today was this. I created an account from my work. My isp at work is verizon, but my email is though my work site, bradfordwoodworking.com. I recieved a test email I sent from the admin section, but no email thanking me for creating an account.

Could verizon be treating the emails generating from oscommerce as spam?

Thanks,

Joseph

[email protected]

What it sounds like is that your hoosting company is blocking emails that are sent by NOBODY... which osCommerce does unless your hosting company uses.. SuExec to let them be sent by user ID...

Mike

I would give it forty eight hours or so to see if it clears up. One possible scenario is that some spammer has been spoofing e-mail addresses off the server your site is on - and as a result the server has been added to a blacklist. This usually only lasts for a day or two, and then it's off the list again. If it doesn't clear up then do a search on Google for blacklisted servers and see if yours is on there.

Vger

even if the transport method is sendmail?

Thanks for the reply

I've had this problem since installing osc but I will check into that idea...

I just finished talk with my hosting company. They acknowledge that the email coming "from unknown" could lead to it being rejected, but felt the issue was either with oscommerce or verizon.

I think I'd feel better if the email coming out of osc had a known "from" in the header.

Yes all of those field have been set for the site. The "from unknown" bit comes in the email header. I'm thinking that it must be somewhere in the osc side of things but I have not modified anything yet, at least not the code.

I went to a friend's site that uses osc, created an account using my verizon.net email and got a confirmation email within seconds.

This is the header info from the email from the site after creating an account. In this case the account created used the email [email protected] You can see where the "from unknown" shows up.

Does anybody know if the SMTP authentication contribution creates a "from known"?

"Return-Path: <[email protected]>

Delivered-To: [email protected]

Received: (qmail 7288 invoked from network); 23 Nov 2004 00:34:34 -0000

Received: from unknown (HELO mail.opentransfer.com) (192.168.66.101)

by mail3.opentransfer.com with SMTP; 23 Nov 2004 00:34:31 -0000

Received: (qmail 5807 invoked from network); 23 Nov 2004 14:27:36 -0000

Received: from unknown (HELO mail2.opentransfer.com) (192.168.66.103)

by mailout.opentransfer.com with SMTP; 23 Nov 2004 14:27:36 -0000

Received: (qmail 24260 invoked from network); 23 Nov 2004 00:33:25 -0000

Received: from unknown (HELO web30.opentransfer.com) (64.17.169.1)

by mail2.opentransfer.com with SMTP; 23 Nov 2004 00:33:25 -0000

Received: (from httpd@localhost)

by web30.opentransfer.com (8.11.6/8.11.6) id iAN0Mgn11664;

Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:22:42 -0600

Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:22:42 -0600

Message-Id: <[email protected]>

To: "Joseph Kolasinski" <[email protected]>

Subject: Welcome to Felted Neads

MIME-Version: 1.0

X-Mailer: osCommerce Mailer

Content-Type: multipart/alternative;

boundary="=_dd5540c194b180257b0efc50cccec954"