• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Obtain images from remote URL

I am looking for a way to pull an image from a remote web site instead of from my local hard drive when adding a new product to my catalog. Does anyone know of a mod that does such a thing? I have permission to use my distributors images so I would like the option of being able to just enter the URL of their image in addition to searching the local drive for an image. I believe the files I will need to modify are categories.php as well as includes/functions/html_output.php but I wanted to see if anyone else has done this before I try to do it on my own as my PHP is fairly weak.

Thanks.

You want to be able to point the script to the remote file upon product creation (admin side) and upon submitting store the image locally? Or, want to enter an URL and have it display on your store from the remote location with the proportions specified in the settings?

You want to be able to point the script to the remote file upon product creation (admin side) and upon submitting store the image locally?  Or, want to enter an URL and have it display on your store from the remote location with the proportions specified in the settings?

I'd like to have text input on the new_product page so that when I enter a URL into the text box while adding a new product, the image is downloaded from the remote site (my distributors site) and into my /catalog/images directory. I have a script that downloads the file from the remote site so that part is already written but I need to know how to edit categories.php to add a new text input for the URL of the remote image do this can be done on the fly, without the need for this additional step as I'm doing it currrently.

Thanks.

Archived