• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SQL Question,

amorella

Hi,

I'm trying to implement the Header Tag Controller contribution & it requires me to change the mysql database, either by editting it & adding three lines of code, or running the enclose .sql file. However I can't find the database file on my server (admin section says it is at mysql.lcn.biz, but I can't access that area), nor do I know how to execute the .sql on a remote server (i'm setting up my site online, not locally).

I've tried looking on the forums & such, but haven't been able to find my answer. I would prefer to find out how to run the .sql file, but a solution is a solution!

Any help would take that nasty ball of stress off my back! Many thanks for the help guys.

Nick,

Installing phpmyadmin is a piece of cake. If he's got ftp access, he can install phpmyadmin.

Wow! Quick responses, thanks!! I've emailed my hosting company asking for access to myphpadmin, but yes, I have full FTP access, should I install it myself? Found it on Sourceforge, I'll have a play.

Thanks guys! Maybe I'll have this sorted before my bedtime, which is always a g'tee of a good nights sleep.

You can even install myphpadmin on your home computer to control the mysql databases on your remote server. :) That is, if yahoo doesn't block those types of connections from home.

Archived