• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Too many attributes needed!!

ozcsys

What I have it a bunch of products that need different colors to be selected when ordering. No problem so far.

The problem is that each color for each product has a seperate part number that I would like to show up on the order and invoice.

To do this using the attributes I would need 40 or more of each color with a seperate part number for each. red-101,red-302 etc. Not really doable from an admin standpoint.

What I would like to do is have a product say lights where the customer then chooses the color (w/part number) and orders.

I looked at the family and master products contributions and one of them may well do the job, can anyone who is familiar with them comment on whether they think one or the other would work or maybe another approach to the problem if they have one.

Thanks

Richard

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Richard,

Could you explain a little more in terms of the choices? Do you mean you have multiple reds so a customer might see:

Product A:

Option: Light

- Red-101

- Red-302

or

Product A:

Option: Light 1

- Red-101

- Blue-102

Option: Light 2

- Red-302

- Blue-303

ed

Ed

Actually it would be

Product A:

colors

red-101

blue102

amber103

Product B:

colors

red-201

blue-202

amber303

Richard

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

Richard,

There's a SKU contribution but it only adds the number to the product. By your example, there doesn't seem to be a logic to your codes. Is there? Then you could mod the Sku contrib.

ed

I have made such custom solution for one of my clients as follows:

- Install Attributes copier module http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,772 in which you can assign/ edit attribute information on add/edit ptoducts page in admin

- Add a new field in products_attribute table

- Modify the code in the module to insert the value of part on the same add/edit products page in admin just as sort order field for attributes

- Modify the products_info page to display both the fields in drop down menu.

cheers :)

I have made such custom solution for one of my clients as follows:

- Install Attributes copier module http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,772 in which you can assign/ edit attribute information on add/edit ptoducts page in admin

- Add a new field in products_attribute table

- Modify the code in the module  to insert the value of part on the same add/edit products page in admin just as sort order field for attributes

- Modify the products_info page to display both the fields in drop down menu.

cheers :)

I am already using the attributes copier. I do not quite follow what you did, do you have a working example somewhere that I could check out? Are you saying that the customer would need to make two choices? Once for the color and one for the model number?

Thanks

Richard

i would use master products then assign attributes to the slave products

I am going to go ahead and install it on the test site this morning and see if it does the trick.

Thanks

Richard

Archived