• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dhtml Menu takes a long time to load...

Howdy,

I went and checked your site. It (the whole site) took some time to load. Once your menu came up I noticed that you still have catagory counts activated. Try turning off catagory counts in the admin section and you "should" see a good speed up not only of the menu, but of the whole site.

RavenWulf

My dhtml menu takes awhile to load, i am not too sure what causes it.

example can be seen here

Does anyone know any quick fix?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Thanks for the tips.

However I want to have the category counts on.

Is there any other suggestion beside using dhtml?

Are you an experience OSC modifier? If so, I am looking for one to help me setup my site as quickly as possible. Of coz, i don't expect you to do it for free.

Thanks again.

Howdy,

I went and checked your site.  It (the whole site) took some time to load. Once your menu came up I noticed that you still have catagory counts activated.  Try turning off catagory counts in the admin section and you "should" see a good speed up not only of the menu, but of the whole site.

RavenWulf

I have installed many contribs (over 100 now) on my website, and I am good at getting them to work together, however, no I am probably not the guy you are looking for as my coding is still in the learning stage. I can suggest you search for the forum topic "A store speed optimization", it has a lot of insight into how to speed up the store. However with category counts active (even without dhtml) you will continue to be slow..osc has to do a querie for those counts for each category, and so on.

hope this helps, and feel free to pm or email me

RW

Hi,

Thanks for the tips.

However I want to have the category counts on.

Is there any other suggestion beside using dhtml?

Are you an experience OSC modifier? If so, I am looking for one to help me setup my site as quickly as possible. Of coz, i don't expect you to do it for free.

Thanks again.

I've seen several stores with the DHTML menus and every one of them is very slow to load (even after the content is rendered it takes several seconds to load the menu).

I am one for performance over aesthetics...your mileage may vary.

Archived