Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Uploaded Images Problem


bsmeehan

Recommended Posts

I posted this problem the other day.. scoured the other articles.. all that I found end up unresolved.

 

The problem: When image files are uploaded via the admin upload in new product, the image will show up in the product listing password protected and are subsequently the wrong size when the password is put it.

 

Deleting the file and reuploading it via FTP fixes the problem but is impractical as a solution. I need upload function to work.

 

Yes - File permissions are 777.. Files set to inherit permissions, however when the files are written by oscommerce they are written to not accept the folders higher authority.

 

I will post my config.php if anyone thinks it is a problem but I do not think that it is.. but I am pretty certain it is not the problem.

 

Oh yeah.. It is on a win32 server.. which I am sure accounts for 99.999% of the problem.. There may be conflict with the upload.php and NTFS.. I am going to check out if I can see anything.. Last time I checked nothing seemed wrong.. Leave it to Gates to screw up a good thing..

:angry:

 

so now - The solution: (filled in by you)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Solution: migrate to a Linux server

 

Even if it's on your home network and is for dev puposes only a P133 Linux box will do wonders for you.

 

In addition, it will help beginning webmasters get used to remote server administration so that when it is time to upgrade to a fully dedicated server they will be ready. Also, they will learn basic SSH which is so much easier to work with and faster than the web based services (phpMyAdmin, FTP, etc.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well the problem is fixed.. The problem was that when we moved over to php with curl support, we had to set some things in the php.ini. Thank god I have great support from the service provider. If anyone runs into this problem, feel free to contact me. I am still trying to understand the details of what went wrong and do not want to mislead anyone.

 

Thanks for your consideration..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
Well the problem is fixed.. The problem was that when we moved over to php with curl support, we had to set some things in the php.ini. Thank god I have great support from the service provider. If anyone runs into this problem, feel free to contact me. I am still trying to understand the details of what went wrong and do not want to mislead anyone.

 

Thanks for your consideration..

 

Please let us know how you fixed this.. or what was added in php.ini. Having the exact same problem...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...