• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Site

I have just started our new site using the osCommerce system. I am very pleased with what it can do.

We had several errors that we figured out easily. I know the site right now is just a stock site and needs a lot of work. We put it up like this due to the Christmas time and some of the products we offer ie. XM Radio.

We will be adding more products and more features as time goes on. We will also be changing the look of the site as time goes on. Thank goodness I have the ability to have a server here at my office to test everything with before it gets moved to the internet.

I would appreciate any suggestions everyone may have on our site:

http://www.marali.com

Don't let the domain name fool you this is just a simple location and will be attached to the actuall DelMar Satellites website very shortly.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Vince

A few things I noticed:

1) Fix your images they appear to be squished in your admin settings only specify the height of the images so the width is dynamic.

2) Create your own images and icons instead of using the osCommerce generic defaults.

3) Your account creation page is insecure.

4) Your admin is unsecure, protect it with .htaccess or other. I can change your entire store currently...

Good start though.

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

Archived