• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

customer login

glennie55

Hi ,

i setup oscommerce on a ssl and set up a customer account , all was fine till i closed the page then went back to front page to test some other settings and was unable to login tried everything even reinstalled oscommerce tried going in in different way still get 404 error , everything else is fine just cant login as a customer , just wondering if anybody else had this problem and if they fixed it and how spent about 2 hours searching in here with no luck ,,,,, :'(

Glenn

Hi ,

i setup oscommerce on a ssl and set up a customer account , all was fine till i closed  the page then went back to front page to test some other settings and was unable to login  tried everything even reinstalled oscommerce tried going in in different way still get 404 error , everything else is fine just cant login as a customer , just wondering if anybody else had this problem and if they fixed it and how spent about 2 hours searching in here with no luck ,,,,,  :'(

Glenn

Usually when you are only having problems with your login and my account pages it is a ssl setup problem. Hard to tell for sure without a url. Look at where you are ending up when you get the 404 and see how it is different from where you want ot be and make the needed changes in your configure.php files

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Most likely cause are incorrect SSL cookie paths in configure.php

Matti

:-"

https://st20.startlogic.com/~tapestry/ecomm...talog/index.php

sorry about not posting url

had a look in configure and the cookie path

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/ecommerce/os/catalog/');

is this enough or do u need more info to sort it out ,,

sorry about the delay in replying but i didnt recieve any reply emails not sure whats happening there <_<

:-"

https://st20.startlogic.com/~tapestry/ecomm...talog/index.php

sorry about not posting url

had a look in configure and the cookie path

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/ecommerce/os/catalog/');

is this enough or do u need more info to sort it out ,,

sorry about the delay in replying but i didnt recieve any reply emails not sure whats happening there  <_<

:D

I just wanted to say thankyou to johnson for his time and patiance if solving my login problem ..............

I will say that this fix is the last resort to fix (for pig servers !) :o :lol:

Change the redirect in login.php From :

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT'));

to :

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, ", 'SSL'));

This has allowed me to login to my test buyer account , everything seems to be working ok but havent tested it fully ....

I can login as a customer which i could not do before ..

thanks so much johnson ...

Just one more thing Iam Setting up Ikobo as a payment option and located the php files to go into oscommerce , that works great ,

however at there site i can setup IPN (instant payment notifercation ) but they as you to put in the SSL ( secure server link)

and all they give me is https://

when u have paid for your purchase it has a continue button on there to take you back to the download page ( thats if the IPN is setup rght way :lol:

Glenn

Archived