• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Link Exchange

hbcloud

Can someone tell me how to change the way that the links display on the links page after installing the Links exchange mod. I would also like to get rid of the frame that shows up for images on the link page as I dont want to display images there.

Thanks.

There's an option in the admin section for disabling the images.

Jack

Thanks for that, I didn't realize you had to set it to a "2" to make it go away. I would still like to know how to change the layout of the way they display on the page. I would like to have it look more like search engine output. If anyone has any idea...

Thanks for that, I didn't realize you had to set it to a "2" to make it go away. I would still like to know how to change the layout of the  way they display on the page. I would  like to have it look more like search engine output. If anyone has any idea...

I spoke too soon, right after I changed it , it was just slow loading. Upon closer inspection I dont see anything that allows you turn off the image that displays on the main link page. The only thing I see is a setting for displaying the images of the links themselves.

Go to admin->configuration->links and set Display Image Link to 0.

Jack

Hi, Jack, thanks for the reply. Maybe I'm not being clear about which image I'm talking about. Its the one that displays on the links main page before you ever see any actual links. The control in that is in admin->configuration->links controls wether or not an image displays next to the link. Not the picture that displays with the link category.

Also, I think I might have broken something. Is the site named in the listing supposed to be a hyperlink to the site or do you always have to have the actual link displayed in the listings?

Ahh, I think I see what you want. In the catalog/links.php file, find this code

echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'pixel_trans.gif',
$categories['link_categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH,
SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'style="border: 3px double black"') . '<br>';

and change it to

echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'pixel_trans.gif',
$categories['link_categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH,
SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>';[/

I think the way the contribution comes, you have to have the actual link displayed, but I could be wrong since it has been awhile since I did a new install of it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons