• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin Multi-Products?

MarcusV

I've searched the Contributions and Forums to no avail for a solution to this. I find it difficult to believe nobody has created this yet, but that is how it appears.

I am looking for a way to modify the admin/categories.php file so that I am able to add more than one product to the database at a time. I'm a novice at php coding, so my best efforts at doing this myself are not working. I see many contributions dealing with adding multiple products to a cart, but none for adding them to the store. Yes, I did see the EasyPopulate, but that requires using an excel sheet which isn't really what I'm looking for.

To clarify exactly why I want this I will explain my store. I am creating a store containing photographs available for print at different sizes or download. The photo's will be added in bulk after specific events in our city so that they are available for purchase within 24 hours. There will be approximately 50-100 photos to add in this time, and I need to figure out the easiest way to do this. I' have everything modified and ready to go for this store except the problem of adding the new photos. I don't need much info added with each photo, the title of the photo will be the same as the filename and the price attributes should be the same for all of them as well. If anyone knows of a contribution that can accomplish any of this or even a point in what I might need to do to create this myself would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I've searched the Contributions and Forums to no avail for a solution to this.  I find it difficult to believe nobody has created this yet, but that is how it appears.

I am looking for a way to modify the admin/categories.php file so that I am able to add more than one product to the database at a time.  I'm a novice at php coding, so my best efforts at doing this myself are not working.  I see many contributions dealing with adding multiple products to a cart, but none for adding them to the store.  Yes, I did see the EasyPopulate, but that requires using an excel sheet which isn't really what I'm looking for. 

To clarify exactly why I want this I will explain my store.  I am creating a store containing photographs available for print at different sizes or download.  The photo's will be added in bulk after specific events in our city so that they are available for purchase within 24 hours.  There will be approximately 50-100 photos to add in this time, and I need to figure out the easiest way to do this.  I' have everything modified and ready to go for this store except the problem of adding the new photos.  I don't need much info added with each photo, the title of the photo will be the same as the filename and the price attributes should be the same for all of them as well.  If anyone knows of a contribution that can accomplish any of this or even a point in what I might need to do to create this myself would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Take a look at Easy Populate in Contributions

you have to enter the data somewhere. whether in easyPopulate or directly in the admin it doesn't make too much of a differnec. easyPopulate can handle from 1 to thousands of products nicely including images,etc.

if you still require something differnet there is another contribution i suppose that helps you to add multiple products in one screen i guess. look for it in contributons .

Did you try? Did you fail? No matter! Try again. Fail again! But fail better!

you have to enter the data somewhere. whether in easyPopulate or directly in the admin it doesn't make too much of a differnec. easyPopulate can handle from 1 to thousands of products nicely including images,etc.

if you still require something differnet there is another contribution i suppose that helps you to add multiple products in one screen i guess. look for it in contributons .

I've spent hours searching the contributions for an alternative to EasyPopulate, but I have yet to discover one. Which is why I made this post. Any hint or clues as to what this other contribution may be?

Archived