• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin security

vwtyp1

Sorry for bringing a previously discussed topic, but I can't find a good answer.

I'm trying to get some secutrity for my webshop, I've been trying the contribution .htaccess solution, but can't get anyone to work. is there anyone who have seen a nice solution or description of this problem.

Please help me out, been working with this all day, starting to get tired...

Sorry for bringing a previously discussed topic, but I can't find a good answer.

I'm trying to get some secutrity for my webshop, I've been trying the contribution .htaccess solution, but can't get anyone to work. is there anyone who have seen a nice solution or description of this problem.

Please help me out, been working with this all day, starting to get tired...

Also, have a look at the contributions as there are a couple in there.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here, but I've tried ALL contributions several times, including deadbolt.cgi, but none works for me, however, the last one, http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...686/category,3/ have now locked up my entire shop, even if I replace the changed files with my backups.

I've spent many hours on this problem, I find it odd that the otherwise very good knowledge base don't mention this major issue. It is also strange that there is no info to find on how to change the text in terms and conditions, wich I guess must be an issue for every osc user.

If I hadn't put so much effort into the shop already, I would choose another webshop solution. My server has no cpanel or anything...

Okay, I'm guessing that you installed whatever you did install into the root directory - and have ended up password protecting the whole of your website. FTP to your website, delete the password protection from the .htaccess file in your root directory, and add it to the .htaccess file in your 'admin' directory.

Vger

Okay, I'm guessing that you installed whatever you did install into the root directory - and have ended up password protecting the whole of your website.  FTP to your website, delete the password protection from the .htaccess file in your root directory, and add it to the .htaccess file in your 'admin' directory.

Vger

Thanks for a quick reply. But no, the contribution I used is not a .htaccess solution, I only changed application_top.php & configure.php.

The problem is that I accidently deleted the original configure.php, wich resulted in a not working webshop. I'm working on the restoration of this file now... However, I'm not successful in finding something to protect my admin folder, other people must have the same problem, or is it just me?

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here, but I've tried ALL contributions several times, including deadbolt.cgi, but none works for me, however, the last one, http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...686/category,3/ have now locked up my entire shop, even if I replace the changed files with my backups.

I've spent many hours on this problem, I find it odd that the otherwise very good knowledge base don't mention this major issue. It is also strange that there is no info to find on how to change the text in terms and conditions, wich I guess must be an issue for every osc user.

If I hadn't put so much effort into the shop already, I would choose another webshop solution. My server has no cpanel or anything...

Not all hosting accounts use cpanel but you must have some kind of control panel. How do you add email accounts to your domain, setup your database etc?

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Thanks for a quick reply. But no, the contribution I used is not a .htaccess solution, I only changed application_top.php & configure.php.

The problem is that I accidently deleted the original configure.php, wich resulted in a not working webshop. I'm working on the restoration of this file now... However, I'm not successful in finding something to protect my admin folder, other people must have the same problem, or is it just me?

No it is not just you but most can fix the problem using the hosting control panel or one of the contributions. You can also set up the .htaccess manually if those fail.

You can find some help on how to do that HERE but as much trouble as you seem to be having I am thinking that this should be your last choice.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived