• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove Heading title & Heading image

Wisha

Hello everyone!

I would like to completely remove the heading title and image at the top of the body of the index page ONLY. (ie the "whats new here and the little icon.) i suspect the code is in /index.php however its a little complicated for me to work out. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks people,

Will.

Hello everyone!

I would like to completely remove the heading title and image at the top of the body of the index page ONLY. (ie the "whats new here and the little icon.) i suspect the code is in /index.php however its a little complicated for me to work out. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks people,

Will.

Well, to get rid of "what's new here?" go to file /catalog/includes/language/your language/index.php

find the line:

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'What\'s New Here?');

and change to:

define('HEADING_TITLE', '');

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get rid of the icon though :/ If anyone knows please help!

Well, to get rid of "what's new here?" go to file /catalog/includes/language/your language/index.php

find the line:

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'What\'s New Here?');

and change to:

define('HEADING_TITLE', '');

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get rid of the icon though :/ If anyone knows please help!

Look for the following line (at or about line 290)

Change

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT);

to

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php // echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT);

Originally had code for removing category image

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Change

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php  echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT);

to

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php // echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT);

Thanks heaps Richard, that worked a treat except there seems to be one of two lines at the top of the page before the TEXT_MAIN welcome note. Any idea how to remove these and push TEXT_MAIN right to the top? Cheers mate, Will.

Thanks heaps Richard, that worked a treat except there seems to be one of two lines at the top of the page before the TEXT_MAIN welcome note. Any idea how to remove these and push TEXT_MAIN right to the top? Cheers mate, Will.

Ah, ok sorry I worked it out - quoted out the lines with tep_draw_seperator just below, thanks again, Bye.

Will.

Change

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php  echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT);

to

thank you, thank you, thank you!

one thing though, if anyone else happens to need this info too, you didn't say what file this was in so i had to find it.... it's /catalog/index.php.

Thanks again!

Christina

Archived