• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OH NO not another help request

mibberz

my webserver has php5 on it, not by my choice but its free hosting for me

how do i get osCommerce to work its a unix server i think, i just want a very basic how do i get it working with php5 guide

or is it impossible?

my webserver has php5 on it, not by my choice but its free hosting for me

how do i get osCommerce to work its a unix server i think, i just want a very basic how do i get it working with php5 guide

or is it impossible?

Have you tried a search on the boards for 'php5'?

actually i have and im not finding much luck for a start to end guide instead all i see is fixing diffrent problems

I don't think there is a definitive, step by step guide to this. I know a few others have had this problem and small fixes have been offered.

I got this reply from a friend of mine in Australia:

I can't say I had this problem John,

In the end I had to change 3 lines in php.ini to get oscommerce working with PHP5

register_globals = on

register_long_arrays = on

register_argc_argv = on

Once saved they never reverted back, can't see how they can unless another config program is changing them back again. Or maybe you have another php.ini file that Apache is looking at instead. It 'could' be that the old php.ini from your PHP4 installation, probably located in /%windir%/system or /%windir%/system32 is the one being used still by Apache, instead of it pointing to the new php.ini file, located in the PHP5 directory.

Worth a shot. I am still only using this on a test environment though, but it does work.

HTH

Archived