• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

deleting local folder

ErikOS

I want to delete the local folders under admin and catalog which try to over write my 2 config files. When I remove the folders I get

1046 - No Database Selected

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

does anyone know how to remove these cleanly so there no errors. Is there something else that needs to be changed after you delete these

what do u mean under local? the local folder is used for local system development, then you ftp files to your site, once there, delete the ones from the site (includes/local/configure.php)

this makes development much easier locally, as you dont have to keep modifying the configure.php files.

what do u mean under local?  the local folder is used for local system development, then you ftp files to your site, once there, delete the ones from the site (includes/local/configure.php)

this makes development much easier locally, as you dont have to keep modifying the configure.php files.

I originally installed the cart on my server and just worked from there. I would copy the code paste it into dreamweaver...edit it and paste it back in the server file. I didn't really work with all the files locally. These local folders were created when I ran the install on the server. So now when I try to rename them or delete them I get this error

1046 - No Database Selected

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

yes, the local folders are an automatic with osCommerce, the configure.php files inside them are not created automatically.

leave the folder there, just delete the configure.php from the local directory, leave the original configure.php files in the includes.

yes, the local folders are an automatic with osCommerce, the configure.php files inside them are not created automatically.

leave the folder there, just delete the configure.php from the local directory, leave the original configure.php files in the includes.

I deleted them and still get the same error. I also tried going into these local files and changing all the settings to my local server and still get this error.

I double checked my database setting in the 2 other confiq as well as password, username, db_server (using ip address)

I'm not sure. I was thinking other files might be trying to call this local/config

and I checked the db_server because of what the error message said

Do you have anymore ideas or things I can try? thanks

Archived