• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Problem

paul_hove

Am running the web based configuration procedure on OSC 2.2. The files are all transfered to my website.

The first part of the procedure goes fine and the database connects and tests OK. Then at the end of the HTTP configuration i get:

The configuration files do not exist, or permission levels are not set.

Please perform the following actions:

cd /home/sites/www.brightontg.com/web/catalog/includes/

touch configure.php

chmod 706 configure.php

cd /home/sites/www.brightontg.com/web/catalog/admin/includes/

touch configure.php

chmod 706 configure.php

but don't know how to do this ! (or what it really means)

I think I've put in the correct directories requested (though am not 100% certain with the webserver root directory).

Please help !

Paul

PS my server uses PHP 4.0.6 and MySQL 3.23.56 if that helps

The configuration files do not exist, or permission levels are not set.

Please perform the following actions:

cd /home/sites/www.brightontg.com/web/catalog/includes/

touch configure.php

chmod 706 configure.php

cd /home/sites/www.brightontg.com/web/catalog/admin/includes/

touch configure.php

chmod 706 configure.php

The way I read this is:

Using your ftp program you have go to your catalog/includes/configure.php file and change the permissions (CHMOD) to 706 and then do the same to your catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

HTH

The way I read this is:

Using your ftp program you have go to your catalog/includes/configure.php file and change the permissions (CHMOD) to 706 and then do the same to your catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

HTH

Thanks, but guess I don't fully understand what you mean.

I have looked at the 2 files and can't find find how to change the permissions. Presume I'm looking for a line of code? If so, which? Nothing seems to resemble permissions/CHMOD.

A complete beginner with PHP (though do know some Java so not a complete novice to programming).

Thanks, but guess I don't fully understand what you mean.

I have looked at the 2 files and can't find find how to change the permissions. Presume I'm looking for a line of code? If so, which? Nothing seems to resemble permissions/CHMOD.

A complete beginner with PHP (though do know some Java so not a complete novice to programming).

Do you have a ftp program? If so click on the file in question then right click and you will see a manu, one of the choices is chmod click on it and change the permisions.

You can probably also do this with the file manager in your hosting control panel.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Do you have a ftp program? If so click on the file in question then right click and you will see a manu, one of the choices is chmod click on it and change the permisions.

You can probably also do this with the file manager in your hosting control panel.

Thanks Richard. I was not quick enough to respond.

Duh !!

Thank you - is now working (I think!!)

Onward to the next problem

Paul

Archived