• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to hide out of stock items?

theDruid

Hi - I've just got my new store up & running, but I was wondering if there's a way to hide stock where the quantity is 0?

I've got the system checking stock, subtracting stock, and not allowing checkout for out-of-stock items (and it displays *SOLD* or out-of-stock on those items).

However, what I'd really like is for out-of-stock items to be totally hidden from the customer's side.

Is there a way I can do this with configuration?

If not, I can do a little PHP hacking but I'd rather not have to!

thanks in advance,

theDruid.

Hi - I've just got my new store up & running, but I was wondering if there's a way to hide stock where the quantity is 0?

I've got the system checking stock, subtracting stock, and not allowing checkout for out-of-stock items (and it displays *SOLD* or out-of-stock on those items).

However, what I'd really like is for out-of-stock items to be totally hidden from the customer's side.

Is there a way I can do this with configuration?

If not, I can do a little PHP hacking but I'd rather not have to!

thanks in advance,

theDruid.

In the catalog section of your admin when you click on a catogory and see a list of products you will see a green button and a red button next to each product. Click on the red button and the product will no longer be available to the customers

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Thanks again mate - I have actually already done this for the first few orders.

Ideally I'd like this to happen automatically though.

So am I right in thinking I'll have to modify the code myself to implement this? there's not an option in osCommerce to make it happen automatically?

Thanks,

theDruid.

Archived