• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple carts don't work!

I can install osC and get it working but any subsequent cart when installed can't utilize the database eg. my account, login, checkout, etc. trip the server to put up an 404 error page. The server can run unlimited numbers of rival's shopping carts but not osC.

If anyone has multiple osC carts up and running please intoduce your webhost to me.

If osC developers can get multiple osC to sync with database access I'd like know how.

Mibble kindly got back to me suggesting the server config was bad but since other's carts work I can't trash my webhost too quick. More suggestions on a way to solve this appreciated.

I can install osC and get it working but any subsequent cart when installed can't utilize the database eg. my account, login, checkout, etc.  trip the server to put up an 404 error page.  The server can run unlimited numbers of rival's shopping carts but not osC.

If anyone has multiple osC carts up and running please intoduce your webhost to me.

If osC developers can get multiple osC to sync with database access I'd like know how.

Mibble kindly got back to me suggesting the server config was bad but since other's carts work I can't trash my webhost too quick.  More suggestions on a way to solve this  appreciated.

If you are talking about the my account, and login for your osC site coming up 404 it is probably not a database problem if all the other pages are working correctly it is more likely a problem with your ssl settings.

Are you trying to use one database for multiple stores or a database for each one? If you are using different databases for each store then osC can run as many as your hosting company/server lets you. I have a domain with 15-20 demo/test sites going at any given time and have never had a problem. If you are using one database, have you installed the multi-store contribution? If so maybe there is a problem with your install.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

There are a lot of solutions available for this. Depending on what you need for functionality will depend on the solutiion you need to implement. PM me if you want to see other solutions for this issue.

I know you can do this, but there are issues with this since osC is not T-SQL complient. You would need to re-write most of the sql queries to deal with this issue. I would imagine that this would take a fair amount of work though to do.

I would wait before I did anything like this until MS3 is released, since it sounds like it will be easier to do so in the new DB class structure....

cheers and HTH

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

Archived