• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Menu Links

jsb

Hey guyz i got another problem.

When i log in on my website and add something to the cart everything work fine. But if i go to another page with the top menu its logged me out.

The top menu is a custom one. And i sure the problem is due to this. Can you guyz give me an exemple of one of your menu link. I need to send the sessionId or something with the url but im not sure how etc..

Thx

• 8 months later...
you need to use the tep_href function - look on some of your pages and you will see it being used.

I have a "out of the box" instalation (2.2 MS2) and I have the same problem with the " Top ? " link in the header not "remembering" the sessionid

I understand that <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '"> is the link to the "first" page but where is the link for the " Top ? " defined? (it behaves this way in both installed languages (Norwegian / English)

Any help is appreciated :)

I have a "out of the box" instalation (2.2 MS2) and I have the same problem with the " Top ? " link in the header not "remembering" the sessionid

I understand that <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '"> is the link to the "first" page but where is the link for the " Top ? " defined? (it behaves this way in both installed languages (Norwegian / English)

Any help is appreciated :)

about line 59 catalog/includes/languages/english.php ???

or

about line 59 catalog/includes/languages/Norwegian.php ???

define('HEADER_TITLE_TOP', 'Top');

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

I have a similar problem,

I need to have a button in my info box that will link to a certain sub category, how would I use the following to link to a set sub category?

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(???????????????????) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'business-category.gif') . '</a>'

any help would be much appreciated.... :thumbsup:

Going one step further, how would I enable a rollover on that image????? B)

I have a similar problem,

I need to have a button in my info box that will link to a certain sub category, how would I use the following to link to a set sub category?

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(???????????????????) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'business-category.gif') . '</a>'

any help would be much appreciated....  :thumbsup:

Going one step further, how would I enable a rollover on that image?????  B)

try adding this>

'<a href=" /catalog/images/business-category.gif/"target=\"_blank\">Your-linked-category-name</a><BR>' .

( WARNING )

try adding this>

'<a href="    /catalog/images/business-category.gif/"target=\"_blank\">Your-linked-category-name</a><BR>' .

won't that just be a text link that points to my image?

But I'll take your word and give it a go :)

It won't loose my sid and empty my cart will it?

won't that just be a text link that points to my image?

But I'll take your word and give it a go :)

It won't loose my sid and empty my cart will it?

Take a look here .

my website

And press the forum link in the informations box

( WARNING )

about line 59 catalog/includes/languages/english.php ???

or

about line 59 catalog/includes/languages/Norwegian.php  ???

define('HEADER_TITLE_TOP', 'Top');

Thanks for your reply :) , but that's just the label (display text) for "TOP", not the link... so I have to change the defined URL for "TOP" so that it "remember" the SessionID.

OK - I found the solution to my problem:

in file "includes/application_top.php"

~line 473

$breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_TOP, HTTP_SERVER);

Change to

$breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_TOP, tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));

Thanks for all help this forum has given... (the search button is my friend)

(edit: a space to much)

try adding this>

'<a href="    /catalog/images/business-category.gif/"target=\"_blank\">Your-linked-category-name</a><BR>' .

Well tried it and yeah, your code was just a text link to my image as I thought. By the way your link kept timing out.

The code that I was looking for was this:-

('align' => 'center', 
                              'text'  => '<a href="' . tep_href_link('material-handling-equipment-c-1.html') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'material-handling-equipment_off.jpg') . '</a><BR>' .
         '<a href="' . tep_href_link('storage-equipment-c-2.html') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'storage-equipment_off.jpg') . '</a><BR>' .
         '<a href="' . tep_href_link('workshop-equipment-c-3.html') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'workshop-equipment_off.jpg') . '</a><BR>' .
         '<a href="' . tep_href_link('industrial-safety-equipment-c-4.html') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'industrial-safety-equipment_off.jpg') . '</a><BR>' .
         '<a href="' . tep_href_link('facility-maintenance-management-c-5.html') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'facility-maintenance-management_off.jpg') . '</a><BR>' .
         '<a href="' . tep_href_link('office-products-equipment-c-6.html') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'office-products_off.jpg') . '</a>'
         );

But I still need something that will do a roll over.

Also how would I put text on mouse over?

Ok I've sussed the code to get text on a mousel over :-

'<a href="' . tep_href_link('office-products-equipment-c-6.html') . '"TITLE="Office Products & Equipment">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'office-products_off.jpg') . '</a>'

the above code will use the image office-products_off.jpg to link to the category office-products-equipment-c-6.html and have the text Office Products & Equipment displayed when my mouse pointer is over the image

(ps the .html page is because I'm using chemo's ultimate seo contribution)

So all I need now is some code to get a roll over. Anyone know how?

'<a href="' . tep_href_link('office-products-equipment-c-6.html') . '"TITLE="Office Products & Equipment">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'office-products_off.jpg') . '</a>'

the above code will use the image office-products_off.jpg to link to the category office-products-equipment-c-6.html and have the text Office Products & Equipment displayed when my mouse pointer is over the image

(ps  the .html page is because I'm using chemo's ultimate seo contribution)

you do not need (should not) use the seo html links as the contribution does the translation for you.

have you tested this ? I was not aware that you could use images in alt tags.

Treasurer MFC

(ps  the .html page is because I'm using chemo's ultimate seo contribution)

you do not need (should not) use the seo html links as the contribution does the translation for you.

Treasurer MFC

Yeah tested it,

Works fine :)

Look here My Webpage

Archived