• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC Upgrade - Customer Default Address ID

Psuedoesque

I recently upgraded to a new version of OScommerce and I'm having trouble importing my old customers table into the new databases. The old version and the new version set up the address_book differently. The old version started each address book ID with 1 for each new person. (IE: Mary's address book ID would be 1, and if she had a second adress that would be 2, but then Tom's adress book ID would be 1.) In the new version, it does not start over at 1. (IE: Mary's address book ID would be 1, and if she had a second adress that would be 2, but then Tom's adress book ID would be 3.) I managed to renumber everyone's address book ID and get that transfered.

The problem I'm having now is that in the customers table in the old database everyone's default address is "1". But now, address one specifically goes to Mary. (What actually happens is that when the customer tries to buy something their default address doesn't show up, and they have to go in and pick one again).

I'm wondering if there is some way to fix it without manually changing all the data in the customers_default_address_id column. I have over 600 customers at the store, and that would take hours.

Thanks.

There is an address book script in the extras folder to upgrade.

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

Archived