• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SSL file upload

klmklm

I've uploaded my site with no problems. I need to put part of the site on a secure server to transfer the information into my merchant provider HSBC (who require us to have a secure server preior to transmitting information to their secure site). The question is what are the files that I need to transfer into the secure server host.

Many thanks

I've uploaded my site with no problems. I need to put part of the site on a secure server to transfer the information into my merchant provider HSBC (who require us to have a secure server preior to transmitting information to their secure site).  The question is what are the files that I need to transfer into the secure server host.

Many thanks

You should not need to copy any files. You install your ssl certificate then edit your configure.php files with the ssl info and osC will automatically direct the needed pages to the secure url

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Oh, if only it was that simple. You need the HSBC osCommerce module (the third one from here http://oscommerce.qadram.com/modules.php?n...download&cid=4), then you need to install it, then you need the hash key from HSBC (and a few other things such as User ID etc.). Then you need to thoroughly read through the HSBC Integration Guide CD Rom, locate the files on there that you have to put in your cgi-bin (don't choose the Java file versions), put them in your cgi-bin and chmod them to 755 - and then the fun really begins!

Vger

You should not need to copy any files. You install your ssl certificate then edit  your configure.php files with the ssl info and osC will automatically direct the needed pages to the secure url

Oh, if only it was that simple.  You need the HSBC osCommerce module (the third one from here http://oscommerce.qadram.com/modules.php?n...download&cid=4), then you need to install it, then you need the hash key from HSBC (and a few other things such as User ID etc.).  Then you need to thoroughly read through the HSBC Integration Guide CD Rom, locate the files on there that you have to put in your cgi-bin (don't choose the Java file versions), put them in your cgi-bin and chmod them to 755 - and then the fun really begins!

Vger

You've done this before haven't you?

Oh, if only it was that simple.  You need the HSBC osCommerce module (the third one from here http://oscommerce.qadram.com/modules.php?n...download&cid=4), then you need to install it, then you need the hash key from HSBC (and a few other things such as User ID etc.).  Then you need to thoroughly read through the HSBC Integration Guide CD Rom, locate the files on there that you have to put in your cgi-bin (don't choose the Java file versions), put them in your cgi-bin and chmod them to 755 - and then the fun really begins!

Vger

I have installed the HSBC modual, and have run the installation process correctly, I keep getting errors. I am using fasthost Shared SSL space. The following error message received

Warning: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(c:\php4\pear/includes/languages/.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (e:\sslroot) in E:\SSLRoot\carolannslingerie\includes\application_top.php on line 569

Warning: main(includes/languages/.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: Operation not permitted in E:\SSLRoot\carolannslingerie\includes\application_top.php on line 569

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in E:\SSLRoot\carolannslingerie\includes\application_top.php on line 569

I am not sure what to do next?

The open_basedir restriction sounds like your host has safe mode enabled.

They will need to disable it and normally it is done server-wide, so it's unlikely they will comply... you may need to move to another host

I used to resell Fasthosts web hosting space, so I can answer your question as to what you should do in one word "Move".

It's not without good reason that people who know them have nicknamed 'Xtreme Support' as 'Xtremely Useless Support'.

You only have to take a look around the various web hosting forums to find out what their rating is.

Vger

I have installed the HSBC modual, and have run the installation process correctly, I keep getting errors. I am using fasthost Shared SSL space. The following error message  received

I am not sure what to do next?

I used to resell Fasthosts web hosting space, so I can answer your question as to what you should do in one word "Move".

It's not without good reason that people who know them have nicknamed 'Xtreme Support' as 'Xtremely Useless Support'.

You only have to take a look around the various web hosting forums to find out what their rating is.

Vger

Can you recommend any UK reseller. Thank you for your advice.

Archived