• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PHPbb and Search engine safe urls in OSC

gypsydogg

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

I have just received the same error... i have installed an additional link to my forum in the main body of my site (as well as the provided link in the information box) and although this link goes through, it does not seem to link in to the site login as the user always appears as 'Guest'.

Is there a direct route to the phpbb index page that can be used? As at present i right clicked the link in the information box and copied the link from the properties section to use as the link on my main body? Could this be a problem with me using the link to open the forum in a new window?

I had to disable the force cookie use as im working in easyphp and it gives me a cookie error no matter what my settings are? When this is enabled should this fix the problem with the login?

Also, the information box link to the forum opens the forum using a different stylesheet than the stylesheet picked up by the forum when the link in the main body of the web page is clicked?

I'm yet to update to the latest version of PHPBB2, so am still running the version supplied by the contribution.

Your thoughts would be most appreciated on these problems.

Best Regards

Donna :thumbsup: