• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product image size and uploading

aubergine

Hi

I have recently started setting up osCommerce to sell my art work, the problem I am having is this. My artworks are all different sizes, and so the images are also. I see that on the knowledge base site it suggests removing the width constraint so that the pictures are only constrained by height. I have done this and constrained the height to 100px. The problem is this I upload the pictures with a height of 300px so that the click here to enlarge function works but my thumbnails are not being constained to the 100px height, now they are all at the 300px height of the actual image. I can put them into a box of 300 x 300px and constrain both width and height and that works fine. unfortunatly the box background colour and the main background colour is different so they end up looking messy as I then have to choose just one colour for the background to the picture.

Also I have only managed to upload one photo now when I add a product and try to upload a picture I get a cannot find page internet explorer error.

Any help would be much apreciated.

Thanks

You really should use a thumbnail contribution. All osC does is resize the picture using html which does not shrink the weight at all. This causes slow loading of your pages. You can use the thumbnail on the fly contribution or use on where you actually have two seperate images.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived