• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Gift-tags module for ordered items?

jacoband

Hi,

I have been looking through the forums and mailing-lists for a "gift tag"-module or something alike. But did not find any...

The quest is that one of my friends has a running osCommerce solution. She wants the customers to be able to fill out a gift-tag ("To & From"-card) along with each order they make at her site.

Secondly they should also be able to select whether or not they want the product gift wrapped.

So I thought, well it can't be that hard to make :D

So I started looking at the database-diagram and found that if I just add a couple of fields to the Order-table I should be on the way.

Current problem now is that I'm not familiar with the osCommerce design.

So I am looking for any hints and good ideas to which files to alter to be able to have a gift-tag follow an order.

TIA - for all good ideas :thumbsup:

Howdy,

I know there is a contribution already that will give you the ablity to offer giftwrapping. As for the gift tag..haven't seen anything, but couldn't they just write it in the comments area?

or..hehehehe good idea while typing.. You could add the Attributes Type Feature contribution (I think this is what it is called)..then add in an attribute called Gift Tag with a box for entering text.

RavenWulf

Hi,

I have been looking through the forums and mailing-lists for a "gift tag"-module or something alike. But did not find any...

The quest is that one of my friends has a running osCommerce solution. She wants the customers to be able to fill out a gift-tag  ("To & From"-card) along with each order they make at her site.

Secondly they should also be able to select whether or not they want the product gift wrapped.

So I thought, well it can't be that hard to make  :D

So I started looking at the database-diagram and found that if I just add a couple of fields to the Order-table I should be on the way.

Current problem now is that I'm not familiar with the osCommerce design.

So I am looking for any hints and good ideas to which files to alter to be able to have a gift-tag follow an order.

TIA - for all good ideas  :thumbsup: