• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Why are my pictures all blur and fuzzy

Sweet16s

hi my pictures are fine on my pic editor however when i upload them onto my site they show up very fuzzy.

any help would be appreciated

many thanks

can you give link so we can see and try to help. I know aol uses some converter to .art, which can make some optimized images have a watered down look to them. what editor are you using, browser, etc?

can you give link so we can see and try to help. I know aol uses some converter to .art, which can make some optimized images have a watered down look to them. what editor are you using, browser, etc?

hi there,

yes heres the link to my main page where the problem is

My Webpage

as you will see its the header logo

and the two pics below it

thanks

and im using microsoft picture it 7.0 for editing and im using AOL

Hi,

When you save images as .jpg, there's generally an option to determine how you'd like to save them ranging from high to low quality. Going lower reduces the file size but will also reduce the quality of the image and the lower you go, the fuzzier or more pixelated the images get. Maybe that's what's happened here?

Perhaps you could try saving them as a .gif file and see if that makes any difference?

Btw there's a small typo in your header graphic too - it's spelt 'discreet'.

Hello, could someone tell me what files need to be changed after moving them from hsphere to cpanel inorder to use the new database for products and admin. The files are on the new server and the database is all set up. Please if you could give some examples

Hi,

When you save images as .jpg, there's generally an option to determine how you'd like to save them ranging from high to low quality. Going lower reduces the file size but will also reduce the quality of the image and the lower you go, the fuzzier or more pixelated the images get. Maybe that's what's happened here?

Perhaps you could try saving them as a .gif file and see if that makes any difference?

Btw there's a small typo in your header graphic too - it's spelt 'discreet'.

thanks it worked a treat

kind regards

Archived